This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 28, 2018 at 2:47 am #2772364

dominikm-13

What is media translation? is this for example image translation? Im running a real estate website, and i see that some images (in mediatranslation) have + and other "pencil". If it is about images, i dont want to translate image, i dont need it, image is an image, i just need to tanslate text. What should i do? (some images have + other pencil, why is that?) Tell us what you are trying to do?

What is the link to your site?
ng-properties.com

September 28, 2018 at 2:42 pm #2774260

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I am very glad that you asked about this.

Through the WPML Media plugin, WPML allows you to translate images and other media. You will also be able to provide replacement images for content in different languages and translate the meta texts of those images.

Here you can also find more information about how to use the WPML Media plugin:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

The options for translating media can be found at the bottom of the WPML -> Settings page.

Regarding your questions, by default, WPML uses duplication to make media files available in all languages.

If you use the same posts/pages/property listings (in your case), you will practically need to show the same property image on all languages so you would not need to do anything about this, just let WPML do it's own thing.

This plugin is especially useful for people who want to show different images per language.

I hope I was able to answer your questions.

Please let me know if you need more help with this.