This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 25, 2019 at 5:02 pm #3684599

marioT-15

I am trying to: translate the Homepage (my very first try)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: this page translated to italian

Instead, I got: hidden link

How can I solve this? and 2) how can I cancell an entire translation and start again?
Thanks in advance for your help

April 26, 2019 at 2:18 am #3686923

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a look in the italian version of your homepage and noticed most parts of it are alredy translate which indicates you managed by yourself on how to translate it, although there are still some parts that needs a translation such as the header info and main navigation, also the footer navigation. Please, let me know if you still need assistance and clarifications on how to get the missing bits translated. Have a nice day.

April 29, 2019 at 9:14 am #3701471

marioT-15

Thanks for your reply. I think I solved the problem now by my own.
But I still need to know, how to cancel entirely a translation already published,
and how to cancel completely an already translated and published page;
in order to restart from Zero with a page.
Thank you in advance, also for being patient with a beginner.
Enjoy the day

April 29, 2019 at 5:31 pm #3705849

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. If you are using a translation service or have sent the content to be translated for someone else with a translator role, you can cancel your translation jobs in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

If you are not using the WPML Translation Management feature, you can edit your translation directly using the WordPress default page/post editor and recreate your translations completely.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.