This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
February 18, 2020 at 6:28 pm #5517959

ericD-21

I have images on multiple pages using a single image element in WPBackery page builder. In media translation I uploaded a French version of the images for each, but when accessing the pages in French (english is the base language), the images in the pages are still the English images.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

February 19, 2020 at 12:08 pm #5523393

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:`

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Once the memory limit is increased re-save the translation in one of the pages that has the issue and double check if the problem persists.

Kind regards,
Carlos

February 19, 2020 at 2:09 pm #5524691

ericD-21

Hi Carlos, thank you for this reply.

I updated the memory limit to 128, max limit was already at 256. I then went to the page in english, clicked the pen icon to modify translation and re-submit the french translation, bu nothing changed.

Is that what you meant when saying "re-save the translation"?

I've attached screenshots of the sequence I explained above.

Thanks!

February 19, 2020 at 2:22 pm #5524833

ericD-21

I also went into media translation, re-uploaded the french version of one of the image that needs to be translated, re-scan et replaced like proposed at the top, but without success still.

February 19, 2020 at 2:22 pm #5524835

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

To rule out any compatibility problem with a third party functionality I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any- change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Regards,
Carlos

February 19, 2020 at 3:11 pm #5525219

ericD-21

Our website currently runs, and we're about to launch a big update today so we can't really deactivate all plugin and switch to a default theme, we don't have the time to fix all potential problems related to this manipulation. Is there anything else we can verify for the moment?

Images that aren't translated are not critical at the moment, we could live with it.

February 20, 2020 at 10:58 am #5532069

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your message.

Could you create a staging site with a copy of the live site so we can run the tests without affecting the site on production?

Regards,
Carlos