This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
August 31, 2019 at 7:41 am #4490381

lilachA

I am trying to: use the media translator to work once the media is being clicked on (in the original language I set the media to be clickable, and once the user clicks it, it opens in a new window.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: the translated media opens in a new window once I click on it

Instead, I got: the original language's media is being opened in the new window

September 1, 2019 at 9:37 am #4492299

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Can you please send me the link to where I can see the issue on your site?

How are you presenting the image?
Are you using a plugin for this?
Can you tell me the steps on how I can replicate the issue?
Sometimes screen-shots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of “upload an image” below the comment area.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 1, 2019 at 8:27 pm #4493077

lilachA

Hi,
see example -
page1 with image - hidden link
page1 translated with image that has been translated - hidden link

I've created screenshots for this example - please see it according to the image order

September 2, 2019 at 10:32 am #4496323

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the details screenshot 🙂

I can't see the issue on your site. When I try this link that you share with me, I don't see the English version or image. hidden link
Can you please correct this?

Also please tell if you use the Elementor plugin to build your pages?
And specifically to insert and define the images that you have the issue with?

September 4, 2019 at 3:56 pm #4512691

lilachA

Maybe this is part of the problem or another problem...
once I'm logged in - I can see both the Hebrew - hidden link
and the English version - hidden link.
Once I'm logged out I can see only the Hebrew version....it should have shown both pages as public.
This is a membership site, but I've defined this page as public (see attached that even the English version is shown as if it is public).

September 4, 2019 at 7:14 pm #4513825

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

English is currently set to as a hidden language on your site. It might be that this the cause of confusion and the issue that you are having. Please read more about hiding languages on the site at the following link to our documentation.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/hiding-languages-on-the-front-end/
Is disabling hidden for English helps to solve the issue?
Does the information in our documentation help you to understand the issue?

September 7, 2019 at 10:24 am #4529127

lilachA

Hi,

I couldn't change the English to un-hidden.
Found this in the support forum - https://wpml.org/forums/topic/hide-language-switch-does-not-work.
I've deactivated and now the English is not hidden.
So, the question is - what are the other affects of this file? If I keep it deactivated - could this create another problem?
and also - isn't it any other way to un-hidden a language without deactivating this file? I do not use the plugin mentioned in the above support ticket.

September 7, 2019 at 10:25 am #4529129

lilachA

And also - now you can see the page, and tend to the original question 🙂

September 9, 2019 at 3:13 pm #4538425

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Now when I check things on your site, it seems that the issue is solved. I can see the Hebrew image on the Hebrew page, and on the English page, I can see the English image. And when I press the image on the English page, it opens in a new window. Please see the attached screenshots.
Can you see that it is OK now?

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] media translation does not work when linking the media to open in a new window’ is closed to new replies.