This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4212063

olivierE-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We want to have an overview about not translated files. We use the media translation overview for this case. Unfortunately this overview shows all images (even if we don't need to translate them).

Is there a way to ignore specific files (mark as not translatable/completed?).
We tried to just translate the name of the media, but as soon as we don't select another image it still stays as not translated). (See Screenshot 1)

For images that dont have text on it, media translation doesn't make sense.

Whats the best practice for this?

Another question:
Is it possible to show the file name or some other informations on the media translation overview? for pdf files you just see a pdf symbol which doesn't help at all (See screenshot 2)

Thanks a lot.

July 22, 2019 at 9:24 am #4255423

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm sorry for the late response here. It is not clear to me why our systems as lost this ticket until now. In any case, I think that you already have this issue handles by Bronu my colleague on this ticket.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-media-doesnt-show-them-as-complete/
And maybe also by Marcel here.
https://wpml.org/de/forums/topic/media-translations-verlinken-nicht-auf-englische-datei/
Is it indeed the same issue?
If so can you please continue onlt with one ticket and mark this ticket as resolved?
In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket. Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Media Translation – Ignore specific files / mark as completed’ is closed to new replies.