If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 12:29 pm #4162281

lexC

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have 2 languages in this site. Main is English, second is Dutch. I have uploaded images and gave them an English description in Caption. This part is not translated. How do i get to the menu of media? i do not see the option how to translate media via translation management.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes documenatation on internet

Is there a similar example that we can see? no check settings site

What is the link to your site?: hidden link

July 8, 2019 at 9:32 pm #4165879

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to ask you to visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to translate the media elements: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 15, 2019 at 9:17 am #4208837

lexC

This is not solved!!

July 15, 2019 at 9:21 am #4208941

lexC

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply but we still can’t translate our gallerypages. The first bullet can’t be activated..

< Check image 001 >

Everything else is put into place as you suggested. Please visit the next page to see what needs to be translated: hidden link
Then click on first category and then on the first image ( is a lightbox-function) and check the text down (this is CAPTION text).

English version:

< image 002 >

Dutch version (no translation)

<image 003>

Thanks for your help…
Regards
Lex

July 15, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4212211

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Lex,
Thank you very much for your message.

As this new issue is different from the original one in the ticket I kindly ask you to create a new ticket and assign it directly to me. This way we will be following the forum's rule of one ticket per issue. Also, this will help future clients to find answers to similar questions in an easier way.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos