This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Richard 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 26, 2018 at 2:47 am #2851701

Richard

I am trying to:

Run the Media translation process using the link in the dashboard message indicating media setup is not quite done.

This is on a subsite on a WP 4.98 multisite network with 60 sites and Woocommerce active on selected sites including this one.

WPML is network activated.

I have activated and configured WPML on about 12+ sites with Woocommerce active on them without issue, but this site has an issue with media translation setup failing.

It is possible that on this site a language translation setting may have been misconfigured and some things got set as translatable that should not have been.

No translations have been done on the site at this time.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see: successful completion of the process as has been the case on a dozen other sites configured the same

QUESTION:
No translations have been done on the site yet, so I am ok with resetting the install and starting over if needed.

On the troubleshooting page in the CLEAN UP tool panel there is a checkbox with a message that checking it will reset all WPML tables.

My question is: Does that only affect the tables for that subsite on the multisite network?

Or does that process affect all WPML tables on all sites on the multisite network.

I have tried all the other troubleshooting tools without resolving the issue.

Instead, I got:
The media translation setup process fails with an error.

October 29, 2018 at 8:02 pm #2859413

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

If you reset the tables in WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting, it will only reset the tables for that site. I still highly suggest making a full backup just in case anything goes wrong.

Also, if you temporarily deactivate non WPML plugins on this site and switch to a default theme, then try to complete media setup, are you able to complete it?

October 29, 2018 at 9:17 pm #2859590

Richard

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!