This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My images are landscape photos and therefore not language specific. I would like to translate captions and image names only. In this context, which settings should I use both for existing content and new content? Solution: I think that having all the options from Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Media Translation checked is the best option. You won't be able if you'll use them this way.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patrickF-31 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 11, 2019 at 10:57 pm #3791511

patrickF-31

My images are landscape photos and therefore not language specific. I would like to translate captions and image names only. In this context, which settings should I use both for existing content and new content?

Thank you for your help.

May 13, 2019 at 3:14 am #3794581

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Patrick,

Thank your for reaching out the WPML support!

You should be able to easily do these changes by going to Dashboard → WPML → Media Translation area. Here, you can press the plus sign for any image. If there's a caption set for the image, you'll be able to translate it from here. Can you give this a try and tell me how does it work, please?

Thanks,
Radu

May 13, 2019 at 6:33 am #3795409

patrickF-31

Hi Radu,
Thanks for the reply. Please note that my question is only about settings, the ones available under WPML/Settings. Which ones should I use?
Regards

May 13, 2019 at 12:24 pm #3798053

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Patrick,

In your case, I think that having all the options from Dashboard → WPML → Settings →→ Media Translation checked is the best option. You won't be able if you'll use them this way. If you'll ever find that something's not working as you want, you can always reach out to us and have another look.

Thanks,
Radu

May 14, 2019 at 5:37 pm #3809615

patrickF-31

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!