This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 11:17 am #3672009

Anthony

My setup is a WP multisite, with languages in domain names or in subfolders, depending on the website ; ie :
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
and so on with 7 sites.

I am trying to display my images on my websites with the corrects urls. Everything is working for the websites that are configured with different domains per language ; but when the website is configured with languages in subfolders, the resolution of the urls of the medias are totally wrong, jumping from one domain to another (picking only the domains used in websites configured with different domains / language).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link
If you inspect the url of the main image in the slider, the url is one from another domain of the multisite setup : hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

I have already run the script for translating images, based on the configuration in the image linked.

Many thanks for your help,
Sylvain

April 24, 2019 at 1:59 pm #3673663

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. When I follow the steps that you posted above I can not see the problem. In the URL of the slide, it seems that the domain used is the correct domain. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Should I take other steps to see the problem? Or maybe the latest WPML Media update has fixed the problem?

Thank you.

April 24, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3673967

Anthony

Hi Bruno,

thanks for your quick reply. I didn't know that it was correctly working when you are viewing the website without being connected... that's a good news.
In fact, the problem appears only when we are logged on the website : in that case, the urls are wrong, either in the backend and in the frontend - see screenshots.

Maybe it's an issue related to the user that I use to connect in the backoffice of the website ?
If you have more informations on this, I'll take it, but you can consider that this issue is not high priority since it is working in the frontend.

Thanks,
Sylvain

April 25, 2019 at 12:18 am #3677593

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Sylvain,

Thank you. This may be a small bug, though I could not replicate this in a new installation. For images of a post, after the image is posted in the original language and translated (using the Translation Editor), the URL of the image is updated to the correct domain.

If you want, I can look at your setup. If you want, please let me know so that I activate the private message and can verify.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Media urls are mixed in multisite env with NDD & subfolders languages’ is closed to new replies.