This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by annaM-23 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 11:28 pm #4443121

annaM-23

I am trying to: see the same menu for translated menu. I asked theme author (customify) but they said that this is not the issue of theme and I need to ask you.
I have found that WPML sais to me that (WordPress is installed in a directory (not root) and you're using default links....) but I see that URL rewriting is enabled and The web server coul write to the .htaccess file. also all site is feeling good (except menu)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: main language (hidden link), translated language (hidden link)

I expected to see: the same mega menu (sync)

Instead, I got: plain menu

August 23, 2019 at 6:24 am #4444235

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Anna,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the theme that you're using (Customify), and with the way that the mega menu is created. In this case, could you give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at this part and see what can be done in order to have it work fine on the secondary language too, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

August 23, 2019 at 7:18 am #4444765

annaM-23

Hi, Radu
thank you for for a fast reply
please use this link
hidden link

August 23, 2019 at 9:47 am #4445745

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Anna,

Thank you for giving me access to the dashboard area.

I checked this out a bit closer and I could see that the mega menu is an option from the Customify Pro plugin. As you can see here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/, this is not a part of our WPML compatible plugins. This means that some compatibility issues might be between those two.

I looked at the way the plugin works and I could see that there's an option in Customizer that need to be used in order to enable mega menu. I made a small change inside the WPML config in order to let the Customify Pro plugin "see this option as being active" when switching languages too. However, this didn't seems to do the trick.

In this case, try first to clear all the cache and see if things are working fine. If the issue is still there, please reach out the plugin authors and ask them if there's any other setting in the plugin config that need to be changed (other than Customify_Pro_Module_Mega_Menu). Even though this is a plugin that's not compatible with WPML, I tried to look inside the code, understand how this functionality works, and see if there's anything I can do. However, this seems to require a bit of advice from the Customify Pro authors too.

Thanks,
Radu

August 23, 2019 at 10:00 am #4445775

annaM-23

Many thanks, Radu

nope, nothing has changed after clearing cache, issue is still here. Thank You for help, I will ask theme creators again

August 23, 2019 at 10:01 am #4445815

annaM-23

My issue is not resolved for now, but Thank you!