This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 9:41 pm #4556523

glendaW

Tell us what you are trying to do? TRANSLATE MY MEGA MENUS

Is there any documentation that you are following? NO CAN'T FIND ANYTHING

Is there a similar example that we can see? NO

What is the link to your site? hidden link

I can't see an option to translate my mega menus. I am using Divi Mega Pro. Can you provide a link or help me?

September 12, 2019 at 10:45 am #4560305

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see, the plugin you are using is not part of our official WPML-compatible plugins directory here (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) so this means that the plugin might not be fully compatible with WPML (sometimes, even plugins that have not been yet tested by one of our developers are fully compatible with WPML but most of the time, those plugins might just be partially WPML-compatible).

I also tried to see if there is any documentation for translating the menus but I was not able to find any.

Can you please let me know if you had the chance to contact their support team and ask if the plugin is compatible with WPML?

You can also recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 12, 2019 at 11:21 am #4560455

glendaW

Hi Mihai

Thank you for your response. This is the response I got from Divi Life where I purchased the Divi Mega Pro...

''Hi Glenda,

Mega Pro is a third party plugin with custom post types, and not all post types will integrate out of the box with WPML. We recommend creating mega pro's manually in different languages and assign them accordingly to each site. For example,
Mega Pro 1 will be assigned to Menu 1 for the English site
Mega Pro 2 will be assigned to Menu 2 for another language and so on''

I can't find any tutorials on this and it's a little frustrating!

Thanks
Glenda

September 12, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4563101

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Glenda.

I totally understand your frustration.

I always hated when I bought a product like a premium plugin and I was not able to implement things right away on my own and it took me a while to find help. 🙂

I never used the "Divi Mega Pro" plugin but now, that we have a few hints from the developers of the plugin, I can try something and see if it will work.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

In order to be able to help you faster, can you also please paste your WPML Debug information in the Debug information field?
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

PS: Just a note that I am at the end of my shift at the moment and I will be able to get back to you tomorrow.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 13, 2019 at 4:05 pm #4569991

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the credentials.

I can confirm that they work.

I will spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback.

I will leave the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 16, 2019 at 10:30 am #4578803

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Glenda and thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the delay in response but I don't work on weekends.

So even if I never used this plugin until now, I tried to figure things out and I think I know what the support of the plugin means with their recommendation/alternative.

1. They asked to first go to the Welsh language backend and create mega menus straight from that language, which I see you already done here (hidden link) - this is what they meant when they recommended you to create individual mega menus for individual languages

2. Then they said to create a new menu for the Welsh language and add the proper CSS class so that it will correspond to the classes in the Welsh mega menus (from what I can see, this is the right link for the welsh menu that you are using where you need to add the corresponding CSS classes from the welsh mega menus you have created - ATTENTION: make sure that you are using the CSS classes of the mega menus created from the Welsh-language backend here - hidden link, not the ones from the English-language backend).

Probably the most important thing here is to keep in mind that you have to switch the language in the top from English to Welsh and then do your changes.

I will also attach a screenshot so that you can better understand what I mean.

Can you please let me know if you now understand the process better?

If you still don't understand what you need to do, please let me know and if you give me your approval, I can try to do it for you, I would just need guidance in which submenu should show to what button as I don't know the Welsh language.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 16, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4580873

glendaW

Hi Mahai

Thank you for your message. The Welsh Mega Menus were created automatically by WPML. The issue I have is when I click on them to open them up it jumps to the settings page every time? Do I need to delete these Welsh versions and start them from scratch. I would really appreciate your help on this as I am finding these issues a little difficult.

Thanks
Glenda

September 16, 2019 at 8:40 pm #4584011

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Glenda.

Yes, I think you need to recreate the mega menus manually in Welsh, too, as I think that is what the developers from the support team of the plugin recommended.

At least that's what I was able to understand.

Give it a try and see if they work after you created them from scratch on the other language, too.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 19, 2019 at 1:41 pm #4605461

glendaW

Hi Mihai

I am trying to recreate menus in Welsh but it will only let me create a mega menu with a title then when I try to edit it in anyway it automatically jumps to the page attached?

This has been so frustrating and I just don't know where to go from here. Also every time I go to click on the Welsh version it's prompting me to add the API keys that have already been added. When I click on 'click here' it jumps to the page attached where you clearly see my API is added?

Thanks
Glenda

September 19, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4606837

glendaW

Hi Mahai

I really need to complete this website very soon and with all these issues I have gone over my deadline. Can you perhaps suggest a translator plugin that will work for me. I'm not sure WPML is very compatible with certain aspects of Divi. Divi Mega Pro, Divi Bars and Divi Overlays are very much promoted throughout Divi tutorials but if they don't work with WPML then this is a real issue for me and others I am sure. Is it best to cancel my WPML and get a refund and look for something else? I really appreciate your help on this so far.

Regards
Glenda

September 23, 2019 at 6:35 am #4620661

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Glenda and thank you for your patience!

I'm looking into this right now and I'll get back to you as soon as I have more feedback with it.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 23, 2019 at 8:42 pm #4626623

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Glenda.

This takes a bit longer than I expected.

Hopefully, I will get back with an answer to you in the first part of the morning tomorrow.

I am leaving the ticket assigned to myself for the moment.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Mihai

September 24, 2019 at 12:28 pm #4631493

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Glenda.

After longer tests, I also realized that you are not using the latest version of the "Divi mega pro" plugin - you are using version 1.1.1 when the latest one is 1.3.9 - there's a pretty big gap between the version numbers and this can affect our current ticket in multiple ways after the update is done.

Can you please create a full website backup and then update the plugin to the latest version?

Please let me know when that's done.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

October 1, 2019 at 10:47 am #4671163

glendaW

Hi Mihai

I updated the plugin but apparently there was a bug so they advised me to downgrade to the earlier version. I seem to have sorted the problem now.

Thanks for all your help
Glenda

October 2, 2019 at 11:39 am #4679849

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Glenda.

I am so happy to hear that the problem has been solved.

Can you also please mark this current ticket as resolved?

Thank you,
Mihai