Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mohamed Sayed 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
March 23, 2021 at 2:29 pm #8380423

taraD-2

I am trying to translate the membership sign up forms for the various membership levels on my site.

In the WPML string translation domain selection, there is no option for memberpress custom fields. There is an option for admin_text_mepr_options (351) but when I have translated these it does nothing, the membership forms are still in English.

The membership form is added to the page via a shortcode (image attached)

My site is hksf.wpmudev.host

Hope someome can help.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 10.00.01.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 09.50.26.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 09.55.22.png
Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 09.48.44.png
March 24, 2021 at 8:43 am #8386793

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi Tara,
Thanks for contacting WPML support, I will be happy to help you today.

Please note that the MemberPress plugin by Caseproof, LLC is not in our compatibility list
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible but it just means that the plugin hasn't been fully tested by our compatibility team.

However, I was able to found the same issue reported before, and our developers found a solution to fix it, so please create a full backup then try the steps mentioned here:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translations-of-memberpress-custom-fields-not-displaying-on-frontend/#post-1496852

Let me know please if that works for you.
Regards,
Mohamed

March 27, 2021 at 3:34 am #8411913

taraD-2

Hi I read that post and it says:

Edit memberpress/app/controllers/MeprAccountCtrl.php line 121 and change:
$mepr_options = MeprOptions::fetch();
To this:
$mepr_options = MeprOptions::fetch( true );
This forces reloading options in the account page.

That line does not appear on line 121. It does however appear on many different lines so i have no idea which one to change.

Also - in that post the customer says that the custom fields do appear in String Translation and he's translated all of them but they don't show on the front end

THIS IS NOT THE SAME PROBLEM - on my site, the custom fields are not appearing at all in the String translation.

Also, I reached out to Memberpress support and their response was as follows:

I got with one of our developers, this is what they said:
"It is working in Polylang's String Translations: hidden link
Polylang gets its Strings Translations from our wpml-config.xml file.

So you might need to reach out to WPML to find out why it's not working, our config file should be correct."

Please can someone get back to me with a solution.

Thank you

March 28, 2021 at 10:26 pm #8417925

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the updates, please update all the WPML related plugins to the latest version, clear all cache including the server-side cache then check if the issue is solved.

If it persists, I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) so I can take a closer look and investigate the issue further.

– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before updating your plugins or providing us with access details ❌

Regards,
Mohamed

March 30, 2021 at 5:10 pm #8433643

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Tara,

Thanks for providing the access details. I checked the site and was able to add those strings to the String Translation page with the following steps:

1- Go to the WPML > String Translation page and in the Auto register strings for translation section, enable the Look for strings while pages are rendered option.
2- Refresh the page on the front-end where the form is included.
3- Re-visit the WPML -> String Translation page and search for the field labels of the form, you can find them under the "memberpress" domain (Please check the attachments)
4- Translate the string.

Now, the strings from the form fields are added to WPML > String Translation, so you need only to search for it then to add the translation. I've added a translation for the "First Name" field to test if it will show up in the front end and it's working fine when I switch the language.

Let me know please if that works for you.
Regards,
Mohamed

Translating field labels.jpg
Translated field label.jpg
March 31, 2021 at 11:33 pm #8444435

taraD-2

Hi Mohamed, thank you so much for your help, that worked perfectly for all the custom fields. And such an easy fix!!!

I have one more issue on the membership forms - I don't know how to translate the payment instructions. The payment options are set in the Memberpress>settings>payments, and then added in the specific membership pages.

Also can't seem to translate the action button 0 Join/Renew Now

Can you offer any solutions on this?

Many thanks
Tara

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 19.27.33.png
Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 19.13.57.png
April 4, 2021 at 1:17 pm #8463425

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Tara,

The payment instructions can be translated in the String Translation page, it needed to be registered for translation from WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens link

But I couldn't find the text of the registration button, also at the moment I couldn't access the site anymore to continue investigating the issue with that button. The login URL shows a "Disabled" message.

So please update the private message where you shared the access details previously with the new details, then I can check the button issue again.

Also, please note that I've removed one of the screenshots you shared for privacy reasons as it was showing sensitive details related to your Paypal account. Please make sure not to share any sensitive info in public messages.

Screenshot_6.jpg
Screenshot_7.jpg
April 12, 2021 at 11:55 am #8516709

taraD-2

Hi Mohamed, sorry not to respond earlier, I've been off work. Thank you for removing the images, I didn't think about that!!!

Can you please reactivate the thread so I can add admin details in a private thread.

Kind regards
Tara

April 12, 2021 at 11:57 am #8516767

taraD-2

Also, the site is now live at hidden link and has a new wp admin area url which I'll share in the private message when I am able. The Admin username and p/w should be the same

April 13, 2021 at 9:03 pm #8529415

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Tara,

I've enabled the private answer for your next reply, please provide the new access details.

April 14, 2021 at 2:32 pm #8536499

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Tara,
Thanks for providing the access details.

I checked the site again but I can't find a way to check the form anymore, Last time I checked the form was shown up once I click the "Join Now" button for any of the memberships.

But now it shows a PDF file with a printable form instead, so please tell me where I can check the form.

April 14, 2021 at 9:37 pm #8539337

taraD-2

Hi Mohamed, I’m so sorry, it seems the Client has taken the forms down and replaced them with a pdf - no idea why, I have sent an email asking!! I will get back to you in a couple of days when I get to the bottom of this.
Thanks for your patience!
Tara

April 15, 2021 at 9:04 am #8542491

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Tara,

Thanks for letting me know! I'll wait for your answer.

April 19, 2021 at 3:55 pm #8574265

taraD-2

Hi Mohamed,

The client has disabled the forms, but you can still access them via the following links:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Many thanks
Tara

April 20, 2021 at 11:42 am #8580997

Mohamed Sayed
Supporter

Hi Tara,

The text of the submit button can't be found on the String Translation page or the "texts in admin screens", so I have created this clean sandbox setup on our servers and this is the one-click-login URL:
hidden link

I would need you to please set up WPML + the WPML add-ons as you have them on your site (they are already installed) and to also install the theme/plugin and try to recreate the issue

Please don't install anything else like plugins that are not necessary, on a clean sandbox we try to use just the WPML plugins and the plugin/theme that's part of the issue so in this case you need to create the form and try to translate the submit button text in the String Translation page.

If the issue is going to take place on this clean setup on our servers too, then I can forward this to our compatibility department.

Please let me know how that goes and what you are able to find.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards

The topic ‘[Closed] Memberpress sign up form’ is closed to new replies.