This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 6:06 pm

alexanderV-19

Hi,

the site is running in German and english. Buying the basic membership grants you access to purchase all products.

Unfortunately, when I now purchase the German version of the membership, i can only see and purchase the products of the german site. I get the restricted content message when logging in and viewing products in English.

How can I make the restricted content and products available in all languages?

August 26, 2019 at 6:46 pm
August 28, 2019 at 12:09 pm
August 28, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4474233

alexanderV-19

Hello Rohan,

this will take hours.

There must be an easier/smarter way to do this?!

Best,

Alex

August 28, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4476029

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

You just need to upload the zip file of the WooCommerce Memberships plugin.
Other basic plugins such as Woocommerce are already there in the sandbox.
Once you have uploaded the plugin, just create a single membership in both languages & you can check the issue.

If you have any difficulties, please let me know.

Thanks,
Rohan

August 28, 2019 at 6:25 pm #4476325

alexanderV-19

Hi,
I did the above. This still does not let me check the issue :/

However, I discovered that I can add both versions of the product (both IDs) to the "grant access upon product purchase" field.

On the Ueli page I can only add one product. How can I change this? Should I be able to select all language versions of the product, it should solve the problem.

Many thanks,

Alex

August 29, 2019 at 10:20 am #4479927

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Your ticket has appeared in my queue so I will be helping you with this until we close the issue.

You wrote:"... I discovered that I can add both versions of the product (both IDs) to the "grant access upon product purchase" field. On the Ueli page I can only add one product. How can I change this? "

Please tell me where this particular configuration option is found. Is this on the product detail page?

Thanks for your guidance.

August 29, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4481051

alexanderV-19

Hi,
no its on the membership plan page.
There you can assign which products need to be bought in order to grant access.
attached you find a screenshot.

August 30, 2019 at 7:02 am #4484999

Yvette
Supporter

OK - Thanks for clarifying.

So, I understand that on your site, you are unable to add a secondary language product to the translated membership plan.

You are able to do this on the sandbox site. So here is where we need to focus the investigation.

Right now, your site is not reachable. When I attempt to get the login screen, I get a PHP error. Can you please address this and let me know when I can connect to your installation?

September 1, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4492909

alexanderV-19

Hi,
the php error is gone so you should be able to log into the site now 🙂

Thank you!

September 2, 2019 at 10:04 am #4496047

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I rechecked the configuration in the sandbox site and can see that it was not complete.
- not all required plugins were installed
- the WCML module was not configured

Once I completed the expected steps for a full multilingual shop, I don´t see that it is possible to add products of all languages to a plan created in a particular language.

Can you please confirm this on the sandbox site?

September 2, 2019 at 10:34 am #4496329

alexanderV-19

Hi,

yes. it is not possible anymore :/

September 2, 2019 at 11:11 am #4496459

Yvette
Supporter

Ok. In this case, I can see that this would be the expected behaviour for our plugin and is not a "bug".

The reason being that the product has been marked as "translatable" as well as the "membership plan". In this case, the language codes are making the divisions quite clear. The database query will be using the langauge code to pickup valid products that are visible in that particular language.

I am not sure whre this leaves us with your initial issue.

September 2, 2019 at 11:18 am #4496505

alexanderV-19

Ok but there must be a way to achieve this?
The english version of the membership should still give a member the same access to the content like it does the german version?!

September 2, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4496739

Yvette
Supporter

You wrote: "The english version of the membership should still give a member the same access to the content like it does the german version"

In theory, yes! I need your help again, then. Since I am not familiar with the Membership plugin, I am not exactly sure what this means.

Please include exact steps that I should execute on the sandbbox site to see the screens that illustrate this. The clearer and concise you can be, the better. Include screenshots to be sure that I am looking at the right area.

Thanks so much for your collaboration on this.

The topic ‘[Closed] Membership gives only access for the content/products of same language’ is closed to new replies.