This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 5:35 pm #3868435

Asep

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

The memory limit in wp-config.php is already 256.

Other pages load but this one brings the error.
I would appreciate your help, tahnk you.

May 23, 2019 at 7:10 am #3871891

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML! I'll be gald to help you today.

I understand it is frustating to see such error. I checked your site and I found other pages also take a long time to load as well.

From what I can see in your other pages, I suspect some plugin is consuming a lot of memory and causing the fatal error on your site. 256M should be enough for WPML and related plugins.

Please disable all the plugins and see if the page loads normally. Then enable one by one to see the plugin which is consuming those resources.

You can also try increasing the memory limit to 512M if your hosting supports that. You can find the instructions here on how to increase memory limit - https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Let me know if this helps!

May 23, 2019 at 7:19 am #3871997

Asep

Hi I did that and it is your plugin the one taking all the memory, only with your plugin it gives the same error. Please could you help me with this? Thanks

May 23, 2019 at 1:36 pm #3875783

Asep

Hi, I also increased the memory limit on wp-config.php to 512M and keeps with the same error. Please help to fix that error.
Thank you.

May 23, 2019 at 11:35 pm #3879813

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

Instead of testing on your live site, I would like to ask you for snapshot of your site so that I can test it on my local environment.

IMPORTANT: Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyNineteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

If you don't have a testing environment available and cannot test this on your live site, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to set up your site locally and run these tests for you.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply. I will also need the username and password of a user that was created before the duplicator package was created.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it. Thanks!

May 29, 2019 at 1:14 am #3910717

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience and login details.

I was able to check your site and find some probable causes for the error you are getting.

1. Your server is missing php_curl. Please enable cURL in your PHP setup. You can find instructions on how to enable/disable curl here:

hidden link

2. Can you please also confirm that you have Multibyte String Extension enabled?

Both are required parts for running WPML smoothly. You can also check if your other server settings follow the minimum requirements as listed here:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can also ask your hosting provider for help on this.

Let me know if this helps!

May 30, 2019 at 9:12 pm #3926253

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Can you please confirm if you were able to fix the issue?

Please let me know if you have any questions for us!

June 3, 2019 at 9:48 am #3941069

Asep

Hi i have ask the server to enable curl and Multibyte string extension and stil we have the same problem. Thank you

June 3, 2019 at 8:36 pm #3946021

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you so much for your patience.

I would like to ask you to try one more thing in order to find the cause of the issue.

IMPORTANT: Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting and click the button "Recreate ST DB cache tables".

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or not.

June 4, 2019 at 4:19 pm #3953617

Asep

Hi I have done it but still the same problem, no improvement. Thanks I hope we could solve this out as soon as possible, thaank you.

June 4, 2019 at 11:14 pm #3955757

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you so much for patience.

I would like to escalate this ticket within our internal system and would need error log from your server. Please provide me with recent error logs from your site so that we can check this. You can ask your hosting provider for the logs.

June 5, 2019 at 5:05 am #3957085

Asep

Hi the error is when you type this url: https//www.orientasi.com

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 51904512) (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/likelik1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/filters/db-cache/class-wpml-st-page-translation.php on line 49

All loading of "www." site it takes ages to load. if you type the domain without the "www." is better. But all that happens only when WPML is on.

Thank you

June 15, 2019 at 3:50 pm #4028259

Asep

Hi, I need to solve this problem out, please let me know how is that going because there is so many days with all this issue going on and I need your assistance please. Thanks.

June 18, 2019 at 10:55 am #4042985

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+03:00)

Hi, this is Andrey here. I'll be helping you further with the issue.

We have released new versions of WPML plugins. Can you please update the plugins and let me know if the issue exists?

http://wpml.org/account/downloads
https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/

Don't forget to take a backup before doing an update.

June 19, 2019 at 8:33 am #4049573

Asep

Hi, it is having the same problem. it take ages to load the site hidden link
Please, I need the solution for this. Thank you.