This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 2:11 am #2739292

karenC-13

Hi,

My English website is translated to Chinese.
The language switcher is enabled.
For a couple of days I see on the Chinese website double menu buttons.
Three of the Chinese sites are displayed in the menu correctly (i.e., only once), but the rest is messed up.
I tried to duplicate a page, keep it as a clone, then remove the initial original page, and then restore the page from the clone, but this does not work.
I searched through WPML plugin options regarding menu translation, but in no vail.

Two screenshots attached.

Please help me get rid of the double buttons.

Thank you & kind regards,

Piotr

September 18, 2018 at 4:53 am #2743510

Ricardo Alday

Hi Piotr,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I just visited your site in both languages but I didn't see any duplicate menu items as shown on your screenshot.
Were you able to fix the issue?
If not, you can always translate your menus. To do that, go to Appearance -> Menus, select the menu you want to translate and above the menu links on the right side, you will see a pencil icon that will allow you to translate the menu.

Best regards,
Ricardo

The topic ‘[Closed] Menu buttons are duplicated in Chinese version of the website’ is closed to new replies.