This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 6:51 pm #4233023

troyN

I am trying to: dispay multiple languages as per the plugin features. I am trying to show the language options via a dropdown on the menu after the menu links.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:hidden link

Instead, I got: when we click on the icon the dropdown doesn't activate. The default icon loads a page in our community. The language dropdown does display on the Admin Toolbar but doesn't change the language to the chosen one. Instead, it reloads the page.

We currently have the core plugin installed, but didn't include the following:

WPML CMS Nav
WPML Sticky Links

The image attached shows the language switcher highlighted but the dropdown did not activate.

Are they required to complete the setup? If not, can you review our debug files and make any suggestions?

Thanks

July 17, 2019 at 8:00 pm #4233311

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

i was able to review you front end but i did not see a language switcher in the menu

additionally i cannot see an active secondary language when reviewing your Page Source.

please verify that you have added the translation for your page and posts

if there are no translations available the language switcher will not display as expected and also it will just reload to the default language of the page.

after adding translations let me know your results please

The topic ‘[Closed] Menu Dropdown Not Working | Required Plugin Issue’ is closed to new replies.