This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 2, 2019 at 8:44 am #4495381

veronikaT-5

The issue was described here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/menu-items-change-their-places-by-themselves/. The issue isn't resolved. We still need help.

September 2, 2019 at 11:57 am #4496725

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Please check the IT menu now on yoru frontend. If this is correct, then the problem is resource issues as identified by my colleague.

Using the Menu Synch, I only selected the various IT suggestions from the Synch dashboard which limited the values to update. Doing this, the IT menu updated.

The ideal would be to be able to update all menus simultaneously, but it seems that the current resources will not allow this complete reliably.

September 3, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4504237

veronikaT-5

Hi Yvette,

No, the IT menu is not fine at all now. The footer menu looks like this, which is far from expected hidden link (hidden link).
The required structure is reflected in this document (on the right): hidden link.

So, the issue is not solved yet, we still need assistance. Please, advise another workaround.
BTW, the resources were enlarged on dev2 as per the recommendations from your colleague. Can you say what more resources are required in order to update all menus simultaneously?

Kind regards

September 3, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4504533

Yvette
Supporter

OK - I see this.

Could you clarify if you ever manually added items to the translated menus? e.g. you added or rearranged menus via the WordPress dashblard?

Thanks. I am looking at this again.

September 3, 2019 at 3:05 pm #4505671

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I still believe this is resource related however, if you are also mixing the way that you are adding items to the menu in each language, this can also make the Menu Synch not work properly.

I believe the menus in IT are now in sync with the en-GB version of the menus. Please note that even the en_GB version of some of your menu was not exactly as the document you forwarded to me.

The menu sync function is not going to be aware of things that you add exclusively /manually to the 2nd language menus. It will read the source/main language menu, then compare with the translations it finds **of these items** in terms of presence and ordering.

If you have added an additional item in the meantime using the WordPress menu interface to the Italian menu, it will not be seen by the Menu Sync tool.

This is why I believe things got so out of sync. I ended up having to delete the existing IT menu entirely, then execute the Menu Sync for IT and per menu. With an "empty" target language, the menu synch seemed to work as expected. Unfortunately, this means you have to re-translate the assoicated strings (see image)

Note: I also did the work with all non-WPML plugins that were not essential for your theme to run temporarily deactivated to have more resources available.

Can you now check the IT menus?

The topic ‘[Closed] Menu items change their places by themselves 2.0’ is closed to new replies.