This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to see exactly what I set for "Menu language switcher" in my wordpress backend image 1: https://cdn.wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/3271926-1_166.png?x54375

Solution: Solution here: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/menu-language-switcher-doesnt-work-like-the-setup-in-backend/#post-3274503

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by pierre-romualdS 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 7:52 am #3271926

ranaN

I am trying to:
> see exactly what I set for "Menu language switcher" in my wordpress backend (image 1)
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
> hidden link
I expected to see:
> image1
Instead, I got:
> I see image2, that when I move my mouse over the language switcher, it doesn't show as I expected from image 1.

March 5, 2019 at 11:14 am #3273247

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please re upload image 2. Do you want to keep background color on active language when user move mouse over to the language switcher as you can see in attached screenshot?

Thank you

March 5, 2019 at 11:27 am #3273320

ranaN

Hi Noman,
Thanks for getting back to me soon.
I'd like to keep background color on active language as what it is now, but about inactive languages I set the background color to white color but it doesn't work on front-end

March 5, 2019 at 2:21 pm #3274503

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

You can achieve it using following CSS:

.wpml-ls-statics-shortcode_actions .wpml-ls-current-language > a,
.wpml-ls-statics-shortcode_actions .wpml-ls-current-language > a:hover {
    color: #ffffff !important;
    background-color: #dd4040 !important;
}

.wpml-ls-statics-shortcode_actions .wpml-ls-sub-menu a {
    background-color: #fff !important;
    color:#000 !important;
}

And it will look as in attached screenshot.

Thank you

March 6, 2019 at 6:15 am #3277079

ranaN

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Noman!

August 15, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4401887

pierre-romualdS

Hi i have a big problem with my language switcher. It only shows the main language (english) on the web page. The others languages (spanish, french and portuguese) don't show to be selected as in the backend.

My wordpress is installed in multisite mode but I don't really need to create multi stores. I only need my WPML to be functionnal and let customers select the language wanted between english, spanish, french, portuguese.

Thanks for any help.