Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by julieB-20 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
February 27, 2019 at 12:11 pm #3250012

julieB-20

I am trying to:
Add a menu language switcher to sites main menu.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
I don't have link since the website is live, and i can't have errors showing.
I have attached a screenshot og how the menu looks when activated + my settings.

I expected to see:

A flag-button as last item in the main menu with no dropdown.

Instead, I got:

An img html tag printet directly in main menu, and multiple flags in a two layers deep dropdown menu.

February 28, 2019 at 4:34 am #3253599

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

This seems like a theme conflict, to further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

This info is private and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 1, 2019 at 5:14 am #3258568

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Your theme is displaying the menu differently as a reason the issue is happening, this is a compatibility issue, To ensure that this theme is made compatible with WPML we need to contact the theme author and work with him on resolving the issue.

Could you please provide a link to your theme's download ( or purchase) page as well as contact information (email?) to the theme's author so we can contact him?

You do not need to do anything other than providing the theme's author name and email. We will contact the author.

I look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 1, 2019 at 12:06 pm #3260217

julieB-20

Hi, hope this helps:

Theme codecanyon URL
hidden link

Author codecanyon URL
hidden link

Theme Website:
hidden link

Contact emails:
support@schiocco.com
info@schiocco.com

---

Thanks for the support!

March 5, 2019 at 8:56 am #3272310

Bigul
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

I am Bigul from WPML support team. Shekhar is on vacation now. So I am taking care of this ticket. Hope it will be okay for you.

Thank you for the theme details. For your kind information, the *WPTF* theme is not listed on the WPML compatibility list for the themes - https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility. It does not mean that this theme is not compatible with WPML, but our compatibility team has not tested it yet.

Therefore I would like to forward the issue to compatibility team. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 5, 2019 at 1:22 pm #3274168

julieB-20

Hi

Sure, you got my permission to make a duplicate with Duplicator plugin for debugging.

Thanks for update & help.

March 5, 2019 at 6:01 pm #3275640

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 6, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3280084

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

For your kind updates, the issue is existing after the initial troubleshooting procedures and reproducible in a fresh installation - hidden link. Therefore I am escalating the ticket to our compatibility team for further debugging.

We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 13, 2019 at 3:08 pm #3335411

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

We have a request. WPTF theme has released a new version 1.4.6. It adds PHP7 compatibility. Therefore please upgrade to the latest version of the theme after a full site backup and check the issue is existing or not.

Please check the following link for more details.

hidden link (*Changes log* section)

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 14, 2019 at 10:45 am #3343113

julieB-20

Hi Bigul

Many thanks for the great support.

Although the change log says the theme has been updated to version 1.4.6, the installed theme is still version 1.4.5, and i have no option to update it.

I have written a support ticket to the theme author to hopefully fix the issue.

best regards

March 14, 2019 at 12:15 pm #3344163

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please let me know the feedback when you have a reply from the theme authors.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 22, 2019 at 11:32 am #3439877

julieB-20

Hi Bigul

I now have updated the theme to 1.4.6 and php to 7.2, but sadly the menu switcher problem persists.

Best regards
Max Hargreave

March 23, 2019 at 4:57 pm #3446957

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Max,

Thank you for the feedback. I made a fresh Duplicator copy of your site and the issue exists on my local copy. Therefore shared the details with our compatibility team.

We will get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

March 27, 2019 at 3:35 pm #3472785

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Max,

For your kind information, the issue is happening because of the compatibility issue between WPML, Hybrid Composer and WPTF.

But the latest version of the WPTF has an easy option for the language switcher. I have enabled it by choosing the *WPML Lan menu* option from Appearance>>Theme Options>>Menu.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 1, 2019 at 10:58 am #3506553

julieB-20

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!