This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 9:19 am #3958467

ailM

I am trying to: have the menu work the same as the spanish version of my site

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The menu should look like the one here : hidden link

Instead, I got: A wrong size menu, the background image is not properly displayed.

June 5, 2019 at 3:32 pm #3962423

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please let me know what happens if you follow the next steps:

First backup your site completely.

Then:

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

Also, can you please tell me if the menu layout is built in any custom way or if it just came with the theme?

Please let me know.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

June 10, 2019 at 9:18 am #3986083

ailM

We haven't a final solution for the problem, the menu still isn't working right for the english version. Also, the flags don't appear right

June 10, 2019 at 5:17 pm #3989039

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for your patience and for trying what I recommended.

It seems the issue is indeed still happening.

I created this clean sandbox environment setup for you here: hidden link (one-click login).

WPML + the WPML add-ons are already installed, all I would need from you is to set up WPML as you have it on your site, install the theme and try to recreate the issue on our servers, too (the idea of a clean sandbox environment is to avoid as much as possible to add any other extra plugins that are not needed, so we would need just the WPML plugins and whatever is needed to recreate the issue - theme or plugin).

If the issue is going to happen on our servers, too, that's when I can forward this to our Compatibility department developers as I think this might be a compatibility issue after all.

Will you please let me know when that's done and what is the result so that we can move forward with this?

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

The topic ‘[Closed] Menu not working correctly’ is closed to new replies.