We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by sandraT-8 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 3:27 pm #3867137

sandraT-8

I am trying to:

I am developing a site in German and English with the default German. I started setting up the menus in German with no issues. After I started the English translations of content, I tried to use Menu Sync to set up the English menu. I didn't realize that sync was only an option if all the same pages had translations and I should have created them manually.

I deleted all the menus, German and English, and created new menus with manual translations. The first time, I used the same menu names and that still caused problems - it seemed like it was still using the sync settings.

I cleared the site cache and the WPML Cache.

I deleted everything again and started over creating a new German main menu then creating an English translation of it. At this point it seemed to only show the German menu.

I searched support and tried these tasks:

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following:
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see: 5 menu items in German and 3 menu items in English

Instead, I got: the same 5 menu items for German and English

May 22, 2019 at 6:33 pm #3868613

sandraT-8

I found a similar issue on WP support for the Max Mega Menu and followed these directions: hidden link

The key seemed to be turning on the "Adjust IDs for multilingual compatibility"

I hadn't done that on another site and it works fine - possibly because I never used Menu Sync on that one.