This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
January 22, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3116528

hamidT-3

I am trying to:
I have faced with to menu and widget problems as below. please help me

MENU PROBLEM:

1. Menu Linking problem: when I go to WP dashboard/ menu – I can’t associate the Turkish menu with English Menu, for example as you can see in the screenshot, I can’t link the Turkish Main menu to English menu – if you check the screenshot, I have more than 20 English menus, however, just few of them are showing for linking the menu

2. WPML language switcher assigning problem: When I go to WPML /Language /menu language switcher – as you can see in the screenshot, The Turkish menus are not available to assign the Language Switcher

3. Side Menu Problem: When I enable ¨Replace main menu with side menu on mobile, for the mobile visitor, there is just one side menu available which is English side menu. I can create Side menu for Turkish language and English language, however, on mobile just English side menu showing for all languages.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Also, I don't know how to give doublication acces , I can just share the credential

January 22, 2019 at 1:43 pm #3116674

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Regarding the first issue, i kindly ask you to compare the steps you are following to translate the menu with out official documentation about this subject: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-menus/

2 and 3.- Are the Turkish menus available if you change to Turkish the backend of the site?

Kind regards,
Carlos

January 22, 2019 at 2:19 pm #3116860

hamidT-3

1. I will check your officical guideline

2. no it is not available

January 22, 2019 at 2:21 pm #3116893

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm looking forward to your message.
Best regards,
Carlos

January 23, 2019 at 10:56 am #3120152

hamidT-3

Dear Carlos,

I am really tired of WPML. every day I am facing with new problem
1. By time to time the MENU LANGUAGE SWITCHER is deactivated and I need to manually activate it again (THis problem is happen from long time ago)
2. Another problem which happens today: in the Main Menu language Switcher - It redirect to the wrong URL
When I choose turkey it redirect to this link: hidden link
and for Persian it redirect to this URL: hidden link

3. Also there is a Error in the URL language formate. please check the screenshot I have attached
please help me as soon as possible. I am really tired to sending my time to just solve your plugin problems.

January 23, 2019 at 12:52 pm #3120614

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
I understand your frustration and I will do my best to help you solve this issue.

Regarding the wrong URL after redirection, I can see in the URL options from the screenshot you provided that there is an error message. I kindly ask you to select the last option (Language name added as a paramenter) and re-save the permalink structure.

Could you tell me if the last issue with the wrong URL is solved (at least temprarily)?

Regards,
Carlos

January 23, 2019 at 12:58 pm #3120627

hamidT-3

The language is working now by different language in directories. but there is a error there. I have sent you the screenshot before. what is that error?

Also please help me with menu problem

January 23, 2019 at 5:04 pm #3121768

hamidT-3

The immigration is done

January 23, 2019 at 6:43 pm #3122174

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your message.

Before we continue I would like to ask you temporary access to the production site (wp-admin and FTP) in order to be able to compare the behavior with the test site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Regards,
Carlos

January 30, 2019 at 6:42 pm #3145387

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

1.- Regarding the issue 'Menu Linking problem'. The cause of this behavior is that all English menus have a translation assigned, which means there no menu available to choose from.

If you create a menu in English without Turkish translation then you will be able to link a Turkish menu with that newly created English menu.

2.- Regarding the menu switcher assigning. This isn't an issue, this is the normal behavior, WPML will only show menus created in the default language of the site.

3.- Regarding the last point. I kindly ask you to open a new ticket and describe with more details the steps to reproduce the issue. Also, please attach some screenshots.

4.- Regarding the issue in the language switcher in your last message: You can edit the look & feel of the language switcher in WPML -> Languages -> Menu Language Switcher

Best regards,
Carlos

February 27, 2019 at 7:42 pm #3252367
hamidT-3

Dear Carlos,

after I update WP engine and WPML, the menu language switcher is not showing in the top menu?

please help

New threads created by Diego Pereira and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/split-language-switcher-issue-after-the-update/

February 28, 2019 at 12:01 pm #3255040

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Since Carlos currently has a few days off, I will replace himhere in the forum. I hope this is OK for you.

This seems to be a different issue, I will open a new ticket for this new one.

I will reply in the new ticket.

Kind regards,
Diego

March 23, 2019 at 1:54 pm #3446559

hamidT-3

Dear Carlos and Diego,

İn my website Abroadbiz.com, time by time my website collapse. this problem is happening in my another website called hauzbiz.com,
in my another website hauzbiz.com, when I trying to copy english content to persian the website collapsing.
However, in abroadbiz.com this happen time to time. I am pretty sure it come from WPML plugin. please help me to solve it.
regards

I have already shared WP admin, FTP even we immigrate website by Cloudways wordpress immigrator.

please help me with this ERROR ESTABLISHING DATA CONNECTION.
Regards

March 24, 2019 at 6:12 pm #3448921

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

This error means that the database server is offline. Because the error occasionally occurs, the cause may be a temporary oscillation of the server. This error is not related to WPML, but to the server / infrastructure, being more frequent in shared hostings. in this case I recommend contacting the hosting server support to check why this error occurs.

Kind regards,
Diego