This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
September 26, 2018 at 12:53 pm

Maikel

I'm trying to sync my menu's between all languages. When i click on the sync button then i get a 500 error or execution time-out. After the issue i increased my php limit to 512m and my timeout to 360, nothing helps so i cannot sync my menu's.

When i try the edit a menu on it's own, my changes won't save. So if i dont say "it's a translation of" and edit something, my old version will reappear because it doesn't save.

How to fix?

September 27, 2018 at 8:58 pm #2771777

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps in order to isolate the cause of the issue:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins to their latest version. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.
- Flush all cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos

September 28, 2018 at 9:13 am #2773036

Maikel

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply. I've got a staging environment where i already test your solution, but still nothing when i have only twenty11 WPML plugins activated.

September 28, 2018 at 9:21 am #2773063

Maikel

On my staging i have deleted my main language main menu, after that the link works again. So i looks like a bug... Didnt do that live, should i?

September 28, 2018 at 4:40 pm #2774434

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I suspect that the cause of the issue was the entry of the menu in the database. Sometimes the best solution is to re-create the menu or test if the issue persists with a new menu.

If you create a new menu in the live site, does the issue persists?

Best regards,
Carlos

October 1, 2018 at 8:30 am #2777416

Maikel

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 1, 2018 at 4:20 pm #2778757

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos