This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by svenA-8 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
July 24, 2019 at 8:48 am

svenA-8

I am trying to:

I'v done a menu sync and the whole menu in 2nd language just went to become a total mess. Manually rectified so at least the menu labels in 2nd language looks ok.

But when visiting the homepage salab.se and shifting to 2nd language "home" is ok but when want to click in menu or submenus it just shifts home and back to default language English.

This is a live site so need to rectify this quickly

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

July 24, 2019 at 10:00 am
July 24, 2019 at 10:36 am #4273183

svenA-8

Here is the link. Hopefully will work

hidden link

July 25, 2019 at 7:01 am #4279667

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the link works, but did you sent me the database too? I found a way to extract the file but there is no database in it. If it's necessary WP All in One Migration to open the file, I can't do it because there is a limit of 1G for the free version and we don't have a license available.

July 25, 2019 at 8:09 am #4280571

svenA-8

Hi,

Have made a new download of site incl. database. Please find link
hidden link

This is where I find myself now
I've made som changes manually in the site menu 2nd language (Swedish). In SALAB Menu Svensk, as long as it is question of a Page seem then to work (navigation). The issue is that when it's a custom link then it does not work. I am getting 404 error message page not found and it shifts over to default language English. I really seem not to be able to get the slugs/anchors etc right in 2nd language menu (works fine default language).

Also should know that I have rebuilt/formated whole site so several pages in 2nd language are named quite similar but renamed now the "new" pages with a 2 to it (e.g. Hem, old page, Hem2, new page).

This is really frustrating but I don't understand why menu in default language works and try to replicate it in 2nd language and does not work.

July 25, 2019 at 10:59 am #4282095

svenA-8

Hi Laura! How are things going? Is this ticket still open ? Stressing a bit here with a live site not working in 2nd language.

July 26, 2019 at 11:52 am #4289517

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

sorry but I'm still working on it. I had some issues installing your copy, I'll let you have news as soon as possible.

July 26, 2019 at 1:36 pm #4289953

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I found that anchor links don't work with the parameter.

You should set in WPML > Language > Language URL format the option "directory per language".
Then update the menu and the links should work.

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

July 29, 2019 at 6:53 am #4297235

svenA-8

I'm not sure what I did but seem to work now after many many trials and tests. Hence I don't dare at moment change to "directory per language". Being afraid will face issues again. Leaving it at this for moment and if facing problems I'll ask for your assistance again.