Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dat Hoang 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
March 10, 2015 at 12:47 pm #574504

Gerard

I am trying to: synchronise the menus between 5 languages (English, German, Dutch, Russian, Chinese). 4 of the menus work fine but 1 (Dutch) does leave out the bottom sections from the menu. When it is tried to solve this via the SYNC option, than the menu (Dutch) is shown correctly within ADMIN but on the home page the related sections are not showing. When we try to correct this situation, than in about all cased the "√" for primary menu (at the bottom of each menu) is knocked-out and not a single menu is shown anymore.

We have translated all necessary contents via "string translation".

As a result of this, there are 2 sections that do not show on the Dutch home page (at the bottom):
1) Consolum Partners
2) Streifzug Magazine

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see:
these sections on the Dutch home page
1) Consolum Partners
2) Streifzug Magazine

Instead, I got:
those 2 sections not showing (but they do correctly in the 4 other languages.

Your help on this issue is highly appreciated as we spent already some day trying to solve this issue.

Thank you.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-10 um 13.35.12.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-10 um 13.33.53.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-10 um 13.33.37.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-10 um 13.33.18.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-10 um 13.33.02.png
March 11, 2015 at 7:35 am #575311

Dat Hoang

Your WPML versions are fine and up-to-date. The theme Brooklyn is compatible with WPML since it's listed here: http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

#1,
Look at your site: hidden link I can see that the Dutch homepage is missing 2 sections 1) Consolum Partners - 2) Streifzug Magazine
Could you tell me where do you config and translate them?
If possible, please take some screenshots.

#2,
I don't understand how the menu sync problem is related to #1?

March 11, 2015 at 10:52 am #575578

Gerard

Dear Mr. Dat Hoang,

#1: your judgement is 100% corect: the Dutch homepage is missing 2 sections 1) Consolum Partners - 2) Streifzug Magazine >>> where the other 4 languages are just fine.

- The translation was done via WPML > String translation
- All pages & portfolios are done in the English language first and than the individual languages are done via 1) duplicate 2) if needed individual translations after duplication are performed
- Once the English menu was set up, the WMPL function "Synchronize menus between languages.
Language" was and is used.

#2: since I reported this issue we did not make any changes. The current situation is show in the first screenshot. You will see that "consolum partners" and "Streifzug" are shown.

When "sync" is clikced, then it looks like shown on the 2nd screenshot (nothing to change but some empty URLs.

When we check the Dutch menu (WP > appearance > menus), "consolum partners" and "Streifzug" are shown.

When we check the site (Dutch) those 2 sections do not show right above "contact".

When we check the Dutch menu item (WP > appearance > menus), "consolum partners" and "Streifzug" and check the link shown on that menu item (under "original") the links are shown. Once clicked the also show correctly.

Between "section / page" we have checked and correctly set those menu items to "section".

Would we now do another "sync" under "Synchronize menus between languages Language" than all bottom sections (Dutch) are gone, and the box "primary menu" at all languages is unticket, leading to not a single menu being shown in any language. We found out after many hours of trial and error, that we have to tick the box "primary men" in the English language to make ALL menus appear again in all languages. Nevertheless the problem in the Dutch menu remain, whatvere we've tried.

I tried to add more screenshot but I coudl only add 2 (at least only 2 are shown while I write you this feedback).

Thanks a lot for your further feedback.

If you need access to the site, than just met me know.

Kindest regards,

Gérard

Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-11 um 11.39.06.png
Bildschirmfoto 2015-03-11 um 11.36.25.png
March 12, 2015 at 4:42 am #576435

Dat Hoang

#1,
What did you change in the child theme?
If you switch to the original theme Brooklyn . Does the problem happen?

#2,
Thanks for your effort.
Actually I'm still vague about your explanation.
Could you take screenshots and mark which problems are?
Hope that when I have your credentials, everything will be more clearer.

#3,
I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better troubleshoot. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only.

Note that:
+ Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials
+ It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

March 13, 2015 at 9:24 am #577519

Dat Hoang

#1,
If you make no change, so why do you need to use the child theme? Did you try to switch to the original theme?

#2,
Sorry for this question because I just want to confirm the relation between the menu items and the missing section in Dutch.

As I understand that the configuration logic is that: if I set the menu items with pages, your front page will load all these pages into the homepage? And we can get something like "one-page design", right?

To be honest, I also can not understand why these section do not display. All settings seem fine.

#3,
I got your credentials and understood something like I described on #1 and #2.

The topic ‘[Closed] Menu sync: out of 5 languages 1 language does not show correctly’ is closed to new replies.