Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoS-6 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Osama Mersal.

Author Posts
March 24, 2021 at 10:40 am

massimoS-6

Hello, I am writing for one of my customers. I do not know how, but it looks like some widgets that have been translated into Italian (from english) are not displaying correctly. Namely, the title is displayed correctly but not the underlying menu. I have checked what he has done. He used string translation and I must say that the translation is there.

March 24, 2021 at 11:28 am
March 24, 2021 at 11:53 am #8389125

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thanks for contacting WPML forums support. I’ll be glad to help you today.

I've checked your site and found the HTML widget content in WPML-> String Translation-> Scroll down to "Translate texts in the admin screen". (Kindly check the attached screenshot 1)

After that, select the HTML content strings and click on the "Add to string translation" button. Return to the String Translation page, and you should find the strings. (Kindly check the attached screenshot 2)

Could you please translate these strings and let me know if they appear correctly on the frontend?

Thanks for your cooperation

Regards,
Osama

1.png
2.png
March 25, 2021 at 6:17 pm #8402745

massimoS-6

It works! But I had to translate it 3 times, looks like the same widget is in english under 3 different names?

March 25, 2021 at 6:22 pm #8402773

Osama Mersal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'm glad to hear it works for you now. Most probably, you don't need to translate all of them. Just one of them is displayed on the frontend but to be sure, translate all of them.

If you need further info, please let me know.

Best regards,
Osama

April 3, 2021 at 3:31 pm #8460355

massimoS-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!