This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 14, 2019 at 2:56 pm #4396223

sharonM-7

I have a website that I am using WPML to serve different content to Canada and the US. Some pages need to be translated and some don't but I want the menus to look the same on both languages. The home and products pages are different in Canada and the US but the About, Where to Buy, Blog and posts and Contact pages are the same. I tried to do it but it doesn't seem to be working.

August 15, 2019 at 1:22 am #4398169

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. In this case, I recommend to set WPML to show your default language pages in your secondary language when these pages don't have a translation, for that you can try the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Post Types Translation check the option 'Translatable – use translation if available or fallback to the original language' for the page post types.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/#displaying-original-content-for-whole-post-types

2 - Now adjust the menus in your secondary language to show your original pages from your WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Menus settings.

Please, let me know if it helps, have a nice day.