This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marcialB 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 4, 2018 at 2:37 pm #2787842

marcialB

Hi there

In Yoast SEO we defined templates for the meta description of some of our post types (in German).

We translated those strings to english with the string translation in the domain <<admin_texts_wpseo_titles>>. Example: <<[wpseo_titles]metadesc-post<< for normal posts.

The translations are marked as finished. However, they neither show up in the english backend when editing a post nor in the frontend.

Why isn't that working?

Thanks for your help.

Best,
Marcial

October 5, 2018 at 8:37 pm #2791638

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

I noticed that you are using an older version of WPML. Please could you upgrade to the latest version and check if the problem persists?

Also, to translate the metadescription of Yoast SEO (within the posts / pages), please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration
- Insert these lines:

<wpml-config>
    <custom-fields>
        <custom-field action="translate">_yoast_wpseo_metadesc</custom-field>
    </custom-fields>
</wpml-config>

- Click on the Save button
- Go to the desired post and click on the "Update" button
- Click to translate the post and translate the meta description
- Click on the "Save & Close" button

If after following these steps the problem persists, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem. For example, in which post is the title not displaying correctly?

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.