This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: It seems the "Meta Options" panels, of the translated version of the post, do not contain the same fields of the main language.

Solution: I would like to ask you to visit this link and follow the steps described to translate custom fields using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lucaD-32 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 2, 2019 at 3:30 pm #3726045

lucaD-32

I am trying to:

Translate a post.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

Same as here:
hidden link

Instead, I got:

May 2, 2019 at 3:41 pm #3726215

lucaD-32

Please, see the attachments: it seems the "Meta Options" panels, of the translated version of the post, do not contain the same fields of the main language.

Any suggestions?
Many thanks, Luca

May 2, 2019 at 8:22 pm #3729013

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Luca,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to visit this link and follow the steps described to translate custom fields using WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Could you tell me if the issue persists after following the steps described in the link?

Kind regards,
Carlos

May 2, 2019 at 8:52 pm #3729213

lucaD-32

Thank You Carlos. You are right, you resolved my issue. By the way, could you please remove my screenshot? Or make them not public? Many thanks!

p.s. could you please assist me in another issue I have? It's on another ticket I already open ...

May 3, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3735829

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Luca,
I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

I can see that your other ticket was taken already by one of my colleagues.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

May 3, 2019 at 3:13 pm #3735913

lucaD-32

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!