Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dražen Duvnjak 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dražen Duvnjak.

Author Posts
January 12, 2021 at 12:31 pm #7824967

robertop-10

Meta tags are not working properly in the languages

January 13, 2021 at 12:34 pm #7834843

Dražen Duvnjak
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hello Roberto,

I have checked your conversation with my colleague Shekar and your issue. I can see when checking Google for your link hidden link, wrong Meta description and the title are shown.

If you check page source and meta description and title they are showing different content, which should be correct.

I have tried fetching your URL with some SEO-free tool and it seems all fine, image attached.

It seems Google is still showing old information from the first time it indexed your website, so it will probably need some more time to update and re-index it, and to show the correct info live.

You can speed up this process by submitting your sitemap via Google Webmaster tools and monitor your website changes there:

- hidden link

This can take up a few weeks before changes are live.

I advise you to follow my suggestion from above and get back to us if you still have an issue.

Also, please note using WPML's latest version of plugins is necessary and best practice since we are working on improving, compatibility, and fixing bugs regularly. You may end up having some issues that are long time fixed.

Latest versions:
- https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Why is important to update plugins:
- hidden link

I hope I was helpful. Don't hesitate to ask if you find any problem along the way, I'll gladly help you.

Regards,
Drazen