This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4539309

edwardW-2

Background
We are working with a multilingual site that currently is available in english, spanish, and arabic

The site includes many data visualizations that are pulled from a master .csv file

The Issue
While the data from the .csv is populating for the English and Spanish visualizations we are unable to get the data to populate in the Arabic translations

We have ruled out that the issue is tied to the .csv file itself (95% sure)

What we’ve identified
Specific metadata “_print_data_visualization” is not copying over in WPML from the spanish and english posts to the arabic

September 10, 2019 at 8:06 am #4542849

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello!
Welcome to WPML Support.
I'll do my best to help you solve this issue.

Let's see. you mention that "The site includes many data visualizations that are pulled from a master .csv file"

But how are you pulling that to the site?

then. the metadata should be present in the original source alone so if the original language of the page is English, then it's enought that it's in English for the meta data to be copied to the other languages.

Before i continue, i'd lik to knowa bit more about your process, just to figure out if there's something missing in there, because as how i understand you mention, it's just not working in Arabic alone, right?

Let m know so i can help you further.

The topic ‘[Closed] Metadata is not copying to translated post’ is closed to new replies.