This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by elsW 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 14, 2020 at 12:49 pm #5904251

elsW

WPML translated the meta tags and description for SEO in Spanish, I want this to remain in English (default language). I use DIVI and changed meta back to English again. After logging in and out, everything is again shown in Spanish.

hidden link and the link mentioned above.

April 16, 2020 at 6:12 am #5919133

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Would you be willing to provide me with WordPress credentials so I could investigate the issue directly?

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

I checked the source of the original site url and there it says:

<meta name="description" content="Realizamos reformas, construcciones y diseños de interiores para su casa en Málaga, Andalucía. Con el mejor equipo de constructores locales, ayudamos monitoreando la renovación y decoración completa de arriba a abajo." /><meta name="keywords" content="Interior, Arquitectura, Reforma, Diseño, Construcción, Málaga, Andalucía" />

So I would like to check where it this set. Also, can you provide me with English meta information that should be there, so that I can set it and if needed, set for translations?

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 16, 2020 at 9:47 am #5920917

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

You would do it like this:
- add your meta info in default language, English that is
- open here and translate into spanish here:
hidden link

You will find these values stored within admin_texts_et_divi domain.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 16, 2020 at 10:12 am #5921263

elsW

Hi Bruno, Thanks that was quick! I still wonder how it was possible that after I changed the meta info to English and logged in the next day. And everything was in Spanish??? But I'll take a look tomorrow, after all, these are weird times :-).

Have a good day...
Els