This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
April 11, 2019 at 8:50 am #3585281

Dragos Razvan Toma

Hi

Because I cannot seem to find a plugin that can export the product feed (for Google Merchant Center) correctly because of the WPML configuration, I am considering moving the translations to their own domains :
hidden link, hidden link, urbaniere.es

Is it possible to do this and import the translations to their new domains?

If yes, is there a tool for that?

Thanks a lot
Razvan

April 11, 2019 at 10:05 am #3585919

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Is it possible to do this and import the translations to their new domains?

I am not sure I am getting on where exactly would you import them, because you can use WPML with different domains per language - these are not different sites, but only a different setting:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 11, 2019 at 10:21 am #3586003

Dragos Razvan Toma

Hi Bruno

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

So for now we have like this :
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

So all content is already there.

However I would like to switch to having like this:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

So from a single site to 4 different sites.

For this I assume I need to create 3 more fresh WordPress installations and import the corresponding content in the corresponding languages. Is this correct?

If yes, how do I export only German, French and Spanish content? So I can only import German to urbaniere.de , French content to urbaniere.fr and Spanish content to urbaniere.es

Thanks a lot
Razvan

April 11, 2019 at 11:46 am #3586875

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

For this I assume I need to create 3 more fresh WordPress installations and import the corresponding content in the corresponding languages. Is this correct?

Not at all :). All of this goes through the same WordPress installation. Please see this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/#language-url-format

And then this:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 11, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3587199

Dragos Razvan Toma

Hi Bruno

This means I only need the same installation that I already have?

What about the links that are already active? If Yoast SEO Prmeium is making the 301 redirects, everything should be fine, right?

This is much easier than I thought 🙂

Thanks
Razvan

April 11, 2019 at 1:08 pm #3588069

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This means I only need the same installation that I already have?

That is correct :). However, it will require some technical knowledge and possibly hosting support help to get it all working properly.

What about the links that are already active? If Yoast SEO Prmeium is making the 301 redirects, everything should be fine, right?

It should, yes. However, make sure to check everything once you get the whole setup working.

Regards,
Bruno Kos