This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.10 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 17, 2019 at 12:21 pm

beaugasO

I am trying to: Migrate from Polylang to WPML

As indicated in this page : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/migrating-from-polylang-to-wpml-need-help/, I followed all the indications, but since more than 8 hours, it is not complete.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The migration is completed

Instead, I got: when I click on migrate I read this message : "Migration started, please don't close this window... Moving your language settings...Language settings has been migrated. Setting languages for posts..."

July 17, 2019 at 10:54 pm #4233749

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush all cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all plugins except the necessary ones for the translation.
- Activate a WordPress default theme, like Twenty Nineteen.
- Activate the debug mode following this steps: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- Run the Migration.

Could you tell me the result of the steps above?

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 6:21 am #4244141

beaugasO

Hello Carlos,
I back up the site, Update all outdated plugins and themes and Flush all cache memory that might exists.
But I did not Deactivate all plugins except the necessary ones for the translation. Because I'm afraid if all their configurations disappear. I'm not an expert. And I'm doing these configurations directly on the website.
The theme I've activated is Newspaper 9.
I've also added the plugin Query Monitor
Then click on Migrate.
Unfortunately it does the same thing. No change.
I'm asking myself if I have to deactivate ALL plugins of the web site. As I said to you ealier, the site is running. By Deactivating all plugings, will I have no problem with the website which is running actualy ? Please could you look for it on the web site ?
Thanks in advance!
I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush all cache memory that might exists.
- Deactivate all plugins except the necessary ones for the translation.
- Activate a WordPress default theme, like Twenty Nineteen.
- Activate the debug mode following this steps: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress
- Run the Migration.

Could you tell me the result of the steps above?

Kind regards,

July 19, 2019 at 8:34 am #4244905

beaugasO

Hello Carlos,
We are in problems!
I've finaly Deactivate all plugins except the necessary ones for the translation. When I click on Migrate, ten minutes later, it did the same message. Nothing complete. And Unfortunately, the website went down. I cannot event enter in backoffice. It's a very critical situation and was definately a bad solution for me to deactivate all the plugins! URGENTLY NEED A SOLUTION. Thanks in advance!
Thanks in advance!

July 19, 2019 at 12:45 pm #4246511

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are facing this issue. Please restore the backup of the site you created previously and let me know when the site is back online again. Then I will take a deeper look at the issue and see if I can found its cause.

Looking forward to your message.
Best regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4246597

beaugasO

I don't know how to restore the backup via CPanel. I asked to someone to do it. When he finishes, I will let you know. He is unfortunately busy elsewere know ! Will come back to you ASAP!

July 19, 2019 at 2:36 pm #4247031

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your update.

I will be waiting for your message.
Regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4247195

beaugasO

Hello Carlos, the website is finaly restored.
Please look at it! The technician who restore it has just travelled and said that he will not be available again until Sunday. So, I don't need to make error again. Please look at that problem and tell me why the migration refuse to be completed!
Thanks in advance!

July 19, 2019 at 4:00 pm
July 19, 2019 at 6:14 pm #4247807

beaugasO

Hello, I see that you are making some configurations on the website. At the moment, all configurations has disappear. Look at sreenshot! Please make sure you reset the website with its former design and configurations, because now the web site is not as it was few hours ago. Thanks in advance!

July 21, 2019 at 4:18 pm #4252723

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I haven't visited the live site since the restoration, which means that I haven't made any change at all. I asked you to migrate the site so I can run the tests in the test environment without affecting the live site.

I recommend you to contact the technician who restored the web and ask him for a solution.

Best regards,
Carlos

July 21, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4252725

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Also, please let me know when the migration to the test server is finished so I can start the tests.

Regards,
Carlos