Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mohammedT 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
May 10, 2014 at 5:39 pm #397838

mohammedT

Dear All,

After use "qTranslate Cleanup and WPML Import" plugin on two of my sites one site have nearly 200 categories and other site have nearly 30 categories, after migration all categories for the first site are gone, and the other site have only three categories!
but I notes that the categories still in the database in the English language (we use English and Arabic languages) and the posts still use theme it!

So please tell me what can I do now?

May 11, 2014 at 5:52 am #397925

Harshad

Can you please try this:
go to wordpress admin -> wpml -> support, click on the troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page.
On troubleshooting page
1) Click "Remove ghost entries from translations table" button.
2) Click "General clean up" button.
3) Click "Set language information" button.

May 11, 2014 at 8:00 am #397950

mohammedT

Thank you that is work fine, but what happening now it is bringing all English categories and put theme in Arabic language!

1) Is there any categories in Arabic language and how can I bring them, or these categories are gone?
2)If these categories gone how can I change the language of the current categories all together from Arabic to English?

May 11, 2014 at 8:44 am #397961

mohammedT

I just want to add something, I also lost some pages in this migration process and all pages now in Arabic language is there any solution?

May 11, 2014 at 10:59 am #397992

Harshad

I think you will have to manually set the language to Arabic, edit the post/page or category, Change the language to Arabic manually for post/pages categories which are set to English.

May 11, 2014 at 11:15 am #398006

mohammedT

Thank you very much for helping me I really appreciate that,
I just want to ask you last question is there any residual from qTranslate in database I should delete theme manually after uninstall the following plugins:

qTranslate Importer

qTranslate

qTranslate slug

May 11, 2014 at 12:07 pm #398023

Harshad

You can only de-activate or remove qTranslate and qTranslate importer plugin, WPML converts all shortcodes used by qTranslate like <--:[lang code]--> tags used by qTranslate.

May 11, 2014 at 12:31 pm #398029

mohammedT

Thanks