This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 14, 2018 at 6:05 pm #2815765

cecileZ

I installed a plugin called "Minimum Order Amount for WooCommerce". However when I try to translate it in string translation, I still have English version on the website... How to proceed? I only want to translate the strings that show on the website which are : A Minimum of [minimum] is required before checking out. and Current cart's total: [current]. Thanks in advance for your help !

October 16, 2018 at 2:37 pm #2821422

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

First, please try increasing the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Next, when you view the string in WPML -> String Translation, make sure that it is registered in the default language.

Lastly, do you have the option to edit this string in the plugin options? If so, it may be that the string is stored in the admin texts. To check this, please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and see if you find the string. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.