Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 22, 2019 at 11:12 am #3864643


When we publish a new translation (us) there are large chunks of content missing on the front end.

Here's the original page:
hidden link

Here's the translated page:
hidden link

We noticed that the chunks of missing content were ACF fields, so looked them up in the postmeta table of the database. Usually, ACF fields come with two rows along the lines of:

'slug' => 'value'
'_slug' => 'field_key'

But the latest ones are missing that last 'field_key' row with the underscore, as shown in the attached screenshot. When we manually added a 'field_key' row the content then appeared. Why is saving/publishing the translation creating the first row, but not the second one?

I assumed that issues like this would be catered for by using the ACF Multilingual helper plugin, which we are using already. We tried updating all the plugins to the latest versions, but the content still doesn't show.

PS - every time I paste in my debug info, your interface crashes. I'll happily post the debug info in the following message once this one has been sent successfully. (I've already retyped this message 4 times!)

May 22, 2019 at 1:17 pm #3866035

Carlos Rojas

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- In this case I kindly ask you click on the 'Show system fields' link under WPML -> Settings -> Custom Fields Translation and set the second value -the one with the underscore- to 'Translate'.

This second entries for custom fields appear as regular custom fields but under the 'system fields'.

2.- I removed your second message because its information wasn't formatted correctly -due to the issue you mentioned before-.

Kind regards,