Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stevenV-3 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
February 22, 2018 at 1:13 pm #1526213

stevenV-3

Website with problems: hidden link

I got error message:
"There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."

I posted it in relevant support thread (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-is-telling-me-that-it-has-a-broken-table-that-needs-fixing/) as asked in error message.

I received answer from George Botsev:
"@stevenV-3 thank you for your database dump.
You are having a slightly different issue -> you are missing your icl_strings and other related tables that are required for WPML String Translation to work properly. Thus we have nothing to patch.
Please open a new ticket in our forum - because this is a different issue and requires intervention by our support engineers on your server - they must make the tables to be created."

Thanks in advance for further support!

February 22, 2018 at 5:54 pm #1526598

Yuri

Hi, to correct this issue I will need to access your server and force the creation of these tables. Would it be possible for you to provide us with temporary FTP and wp-admin credentials?

I'll set your next response to private.

February 26, 2018 at 7:33 pm #1529713

Yuri

Hi, I've managed to re-create the missing tables and the notice is not showing up on your site anymore. Let me know if there is anything out of place.

February 27, 2018 at 9:29 am #1530201

stevenV-3

Thanks for great support!