If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Solution: Media wasn't translated into the second language as a reason the issue is happening, translating the media into secondary language fixed the issue.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by massimoC-18 1 year, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
April 6, 2018 at 4:24 pm #1567372

massimoC-18

I am trying to: transalate some photo pages from english to french

Links to 3 pages where the issue can be seen (comparing them to original english pages):
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see: all photos as in the english page

Instead, I got: missing many photos

Please help, this is our business website live online. We are very unsatisfied of WPML plugin, everytime we try do add some new translated page, something goes wrong! We get errors on the pages, the database dimensions grow too much and the website pages become slower!
I hope these problems will be solved or we'll be forced to unistall WPML and ask for the money back.

April 9, 2018 at 3:53 am #1569453

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I understand your concern regarding the issues, I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue quickly. But since we take only one issue per ticket, I request you to open new tickets for your other issue so we can quickly debug those issues too.

I can see that the photos are working perfectly for the Italian language so I suggest updating the English and French language post once to see if the images sync properly.

Could you also attach a screenshot showing how the photos are being added to the page editor?

For helping further on this issue it's very important to know your site related information such as themes used, plugins used, PHP versions etc. You can easily send this using Debug information settings from WPML. So could you please go to WPML > Support > Debug Information and give me the information in the next reply. You can read the detailed instruction here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 9, 2018 at 9:23 am #1570070

massimoC-18

In this ticket I will ask only about missing photos issue in the italian translation.
As you suggested, I went to dashboard > pages > Huraa Guesthouse Rooms Photos > edit
I changed the title page into Huraa Guest House Rooms Photos > update
Then from the same edit page I went to update the italian and french translations > save & close (attached screenshot).
The italian translation page is still missing the photos!!!
I think it's difficult to solve issues with wpml tiket assistence only, a live chat would be better!

April 10, 2018 at 3:13 am #1577683

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

To further debug this issue, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Thanks

April 11, 2018 at 1:57 pm #1597242

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello,

I can see that media aren't translated into the French language as a reason the issue is happening, to fix the issue, please make sure to translate the media in the French language.

Media translation documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

April 11, 2018 at 2:21 pm #1597644

massimoC-18

On other pages the media aren't translated to French language, but I see all photos. Photos are missing on 3 pages only.

April 11, 2018 at 2:47 pm #1597962

massimoC-18

I've followed your instructions:
Click on the Add Media button to open the media screen for that page.
Select the Uploaded to this page option to show only media items that belong to this page.
In the 3 pages with the issue, I see only some pictures. In all other page it's ok. What have I to do?

April 12, 2018 at 4:51 am #1603714

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

In the other pages the media might have been translated as a reason the issue is not happening, for example, lets take an example of "Maldives Huraa Guest House" image, go to English media and search for this you will find an image, you will also find an image in Italian language but in French language the image is missing.

So, please follow the below steps to solve the issue:
- Backup your site.
- Go to WPML->Media translation
- Check the following options
+ Translate existing media in all languages
+ Duplicate existing media for translated content
- click on start

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

April 12, 2018 at 10:49 am #1606379

massimoC-18

I followed your instructions, processing more than 1000 media.
I got this error message:
Mark processed: Please try again (error)

April 12, 2018 at 12:08 pm #1607201

massimoC-18

Now the database is enormous: 74.9 MB
So I get error mesages from Duplicator plugin and I can't create a database backup, because the the database is too big!

April 12, 2018 at 1:25 pm #1608727

massimoC-18

TOTAL SIZE ⇛ Size: 74.4MB | Tables: 38 | Records: 172,132
Total size and row counts are approximate values. The thresholds that trigger notices are 50MB OR 500,000 records total for the entire database. Larger databases take more time to process. On some budget hosts that have cpu/memory/timeout limits this may cause issues.
TABLE DETAILS
wp_commentmeta
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 0 Size: 4KB
wp_comments
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 1 Size: 7.38KB
wp_duplicator_packages
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 3 Size: 32KB
wp_icl_cms_nav_cache
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 0 Size: 16KB
wp_icl_content_status
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 0 Size: 32KB
wp_icl_core_status
wp_icl_flags
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 63 Size: 32KB
wp_icl_languages
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 63 Size: 48KB
wp_icl_languages_translations
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 3,969 Size: 272KB
wp_icl_locale_map
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 12 Size: 16KB
wp_icl_message_status
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 0 Size: 48KB
wp_icl_mo_files_domains
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 141 Size: 64KB
wp_icl_node
wp_icl_reminders
wp_icl_string_packages
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 7 Size: 16KB
wp_icl_string_pages
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 161 Size: 32KB
wp_icl_string_positions
wp_icl_string_status
wp_icl_string_translations
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 64,472 Size: 11.03MB
wp_icl_string_urls
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 9 Size: 32KB
wp_icl_strings
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 8,797 Size: 3.61MB
wp_icl_translate
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 1,970 Size: 5.58MB
wp_icl_translate_job
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 251 Size: 32KB
wp_icl_translation_batches
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 38 Size: 16KB
wp_icl_translation_status
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 12,193 Size: 3.78MB
wp_icl_translations
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 13,575 Size: 4.19MB
wp_links
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 0 Size: 1KB
wp_options
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 450 Size: 1.92MB
wp_postmeta
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 52,219 Size: 39.01MB
wp_posts
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 13,333 Size: 4.38MB
wp_term_relationships
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 125 Size: 10.56KB
wp_term_taxonomy
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 92 Size: 11.33KB
wp_termmeta
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 1 Size: 16KB
wp_terms
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 92 Size: 16.16KB
wp_translations
wp_translations_log
wp_usermeta
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 93 Size: 20.88KB
wp_users
Uppercase: 0 Rows: 2 Size: 7.2KB

April 13, 2018 at 7:23 am #1617423

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

While duplicating media to another language, the database size increases as it needs to record the translation of the media into secondary languages, this is somehow normal.

Regarding the missing photos issue, I can see that it's solved? could you please confirm it?

Also, if you see a huge performance issue, I request you to create a new ticket so we can debug that issue in depth.

Thanks

April 13, 2018 at 8:18 am #1617983

massimoC-18

Thank you now I see all the photos on french pages too. I will open another ticket for the database and speed problems.