This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 11:07 am #4536277

matthieuV-4

Dear WPML team,

I'm using the plugin WP Media Folder and I can't find my medias on my media library folders on the English version.

This plugin allows to create some folders on the media library.

On my screenshot it's saying "no medias found"

I manage the duplicate and indexed all the medias, but unfortunately, still nothing.

Could you please help me please.

Regards,

Matthieu

September 9, 2019 at 5:16 pm #4539275

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Usually, any post type of taxonomy provides by a plugin can receive translation options on the WPML Settings page. Please verify if plugin related options are here set to "translatable".

Further, I honestly did not work with this plugin so far and it is not present on our compatilbity list:

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=WP+Media+folder&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Anyhow, I found the following plugin which might be an alternative, as it has been successfully tested with WPML:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-media-folders/

Let me know if applying the settings helped with the issue. Also, try to run the Media sync at WPML -> Settings -> Media Translation -> Start.

Kind regards
Andreas

September 10, 2019 at 9:09 am #4543477

matthieuV-4

Hello Andreas,
Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, the plugin you sent me is exactly the one I'm using. I did what you said already but no changes... Would you like an access to the website to check it out ? Thank you in advance for your help.
Matthieu

September 10, 2019 at 4:36 pm #4547331

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

September 12, 2019 at 9:19 am #4559755

matthieuV-4

Please also note that the support of WP Folder will check the problem also on their end.

September 12, 2019 at 9:24 pm #4564367

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am not sure if I see an issue here. First, I have set the taxonomy setting for plugin to "translatable" inside of the WPML -> Settings -> Taxonomy Translation -> WPMF Categories (wpmf-category).

I have set the option to Traduisible : utilisez la traduction lorsqu'elle est disponible ou revenez à la langue par défaut. This will make sure that categories based on this plugin will show up if their are translated or not (then in default language).
I suppose this would be necesarry in order to translate the folder name, which should be editable on String Translation.

Anzhow, even without applzing this setting I can see the folder Reference images A002 is the only one that includes content in French. In English the content is also visible. There are quiet many folders, but their are all empty on both languages.

Also, I am not sure what happened but while clicking through the folder the plugin suddenly was not longer responsive. As far I was able to check the only folder that had images in french displayed the same images on English as well. Other revised folders were all empty on both languages.

Could you please revise again and let me know if the Media Galleries are now identical?

If you experience any more issues I would advise zou to use this plugin instead:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-media-folders/

it has been tested with WPML and should provide the same options. Further, it is for free on WordPress.org.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Missing Photos on English Media Gallery’ is closed to new replies.