This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthiasP-18 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 7:04 pm #4426117

matthiasP-18

I want to translate the sites of the menue to russian. im using the the7 theme

i created a new menu in the foreign language, but then i have not the same sites like on the first language in german. if i go to ''menu synchronisieren'', then i can see that there was no automatic translation "state - not translated" (see attached file).

if i search the word "gewürze und additive" on the string translations, there is no match for the search. the tutorial video has not solved my problem.

what i´m doing wrong?

August 21, 2019 at 6:22 am #4428223

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 21, 2019 at 3:26 pm #4432981

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and login information. WordPress Dashboard login is okay for now to check the issues.

The menu is showing the sync option for me now. Few of the Menu Items(Pages) of the German language is not translated into English yet. But you have added the Menu Items manually to Russian menu and it is working as expected now.

Please note, *Gewürze und Additive* is a page so we have to translate it via WordPress native editors or WPML Translation Editors. So it will not be listed in WPML String Translation. We can only translate the Custom Menu Strings and URLs with String Translation.

Please check the attached images and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 21, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4434389

matthiasP-18

Hey,

thank you for your reply. but the problem is not solved yet. maybe i havent written the right words because english is not my first language.

in image nr1 you can see the german pages for the german menue. on picture nr2 you see the translation of the pages BUT in the russian menue are not the same pages like on the german menue. except "startseite" is the same in both menues. the other sites in the russian menue are e.g. checkout from woocommerce (picture nr3). this site is not in german menue (i dont need the checkout page). sites like "contact" are not listed in russian menue.

i hope you understand what i mean. this is my first project with wpml. sorry for that

August 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4439969

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. If we choose *Russian* only the Post, Pages or Terms created or translated in Russian will be visible in Appearence>>Menus. So the proper menu sync from German to Russian we have to translate or duplicate the Pages or Posts to Russian.

Please note, few of the German pages are trashed now. But those pages are not deleted in Russian.

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 24, 2019 at 7:31 am #4451023

matthiasP-18

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Sorry for this beginner mistake.