Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: would like to fully translate those email that woocommerce sends at different stages of the order

Solution: I just installed a plugin called "Preview E-mails for WooCommerce". Now it seems everything to work fine.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by 67nj 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mateus Getulio.

Author Posts
July 20, 2021 at 9:14 am #9235437

67nj

Tell us what you are trying to do?
would like to fully translate those email that woocommerce sends at different stages of the order
Is there any documentation that you are following?
no
Is there a similar example that we can see?
no
What is the link to your site?
violishop.com

July 20, 2021 at 8:50 pm #9240087

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thanks for your contact. I'll be happy to assist you!

Could you please try to follow these steps in order to translate the WooCommerce emails?

- Go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization
- Scroll down to “Strings in the theme”, select your theme and click on “Scan the theme for strings”
- Scroll down to “Strings in the plugins”, select WooCommerce and click on “Scan the selected plugins for strings”
- Once you follow the above steps go to WPML -> String Translation, select "woocommerce" as the context. Search for your email strings and translate them into your secondary languages

If this doesn't work for you, can you please search for the strings of the custom emails in WPML -> String Translation -> Translate texts in admin screens? Please check: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Please test these procedures and let us know their results. We're looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
Mateus.

July 21, 2021 at 8:03 am #9242561

67nj

Mateus,
Thanks for your reply.
I followed the procedures you suggested, but unfortunately still can't locate that string that is placed inside that customer completed order email (it's the sentence you can see at the top in the attached file "Hi there....")
Stef

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 09.41.43.png
July 21, 2021 at 8:38 am #9242773

67nj

Mateus,
I just installed a plugin called "Preview E-mails for WooCommerce".
Now it seems everything to work fine.
So for now, don't bother I'm fine with it and eventually I'll let know if the problem or something else come up again.
cheers
Stef

Screenshot 2021-07-21 at 10.38.03.png
July 21, 2021 at 8:39 am #9242801

67nj

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!