Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by massimoG-5 2 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
February 20, 2019 at 1:46 am #3219370

victor tio

Tell us what you are trying to do?
translating all basic content of the theme, I managed to translate most of the theme but there are some texts that I can't find using the string translation; since I'm doing the initial setup, all the options in different languages are working, right now they are shown as translated but some are missing, you'll see it.

There is also something odd in the wpml>languages>Language URL format
this message is showing:
It looks like languages per directories will not function.
This can be a result of either:
WordPress is installed in a directory (not root) and you're using default links.
URL rewriting is not enabled in your web server.
The web server cannot write to the .htaccess file

Now this is weird since languages per directories is working and you can see it when you switch one listing from one language to the other in the address bar on top, it is installed under the root of the domain, URL rewriting is active and the web server can write to the .htaccess file, now I'm developing another site that it is NOT in the root of the installation, but in a subfolder, and it's not showing that message, neither are the other installations that have wpml enabled, this is the only one showing that.

if you need ftp access let me know

Is there any documentation that you are following? basic translation info

Is there a similar example that we can see? Actually no, I'm the first one trying to do 17 languages on this particular theme, so everybody else who bought the theme is waiting for me to jump into the wpml wagon.

What is the link to your site? hidden link

February 20, 2019 at 5:50 am #3219958

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there, Welcome to our forum,

I will first respond to the directory URL issue. Sometimes the error will be a false error If the directory URL format for languages is working perfectly then you can ignore the error and use the feature without any issues.

Regarding the translation issue with String translation can you please help me identify the string that needs to be translated and missing the string translation and also let me know the source (plugin/ theme) from where the string is generated.

Kind regards
Raja

February 21, 2019 at 10:32 am #3226538

victor tio

Hi, Good Morning (at least on this side of the world)
The Wilcity has a plugin for managing listings (Wiloke Listing Tools), these listings are based on custom text boxes that display on the listings and you can assign titles to them and content, I can see and translate the content that can be translated including categories and tags with no problem, but the titles are nowhere to be found, let's take an example,

hidden link

in the default (eng) version in the menu, you can see those titles like home - photos - videos - description - listing features - events - posts, I guess I could use a gettext to find those, but depending on the listing, I would have panoramas, social media accounts and other stuff, what do you think? i would think the process would be similiar to translating Advanced Custom Fields Plugin for WordPress that has custom content and titles added to a post or page.

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.29.35 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.28.58 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 6.22.56 AM.png
February 21, 2019 at 2:12 pm #3227927

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I have added the string domain related to the tab texts in WPML > Settings > Custom xml configuration. since your site is heavy the PHP max input vars limits need to be increased to 10000. You can request your hosting provider to help you with this. if you have access to control panel you will be able do it your self following the documentation hidden link .

Once you have increased the PHP Max_input_vars limit to 10000 .
You can see all the tab strings under the "admin_text_wiloke_navigation_settings" domain available for translation.

I hope this would solve your issue. Let me know the results.

Kind regards,
Raja

February 22, 2019 at 1:11 am #3230312

victor tio

Hi, I already increased the PHP Max_input_vars limit to 10000, for that "admin_text_wiloke_navigation_settings", under string translation, but I don't see it in the options. I also looked at the bottom into Translate texts in admin screens », but I don't see it there either, where can I find it?

Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.24.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-02-21 at 9.05.22 PM.png
February 22, 2019 at 5:50 am #3230982

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

It seems there is some kind of cache in your server. However, I'm able to see the domain "admin_text_wiloke_navigation_settings" The only possible way to edit the translation is by editing the serialized array since this is a dynamic field I'm not able to target each field separately using the custom XML configuration.

Let me know if this helps, Please check with the theme author if they have other better way to translate the navigation settings.

Kind regards
Raja

Screen Shot 2019-02-22 at 11.12.06 AM.png
February 28, 2019 at 2:56 am #3253311

victor tio

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

June 1, 2019 at 11:09 am #3934919

massimoG-5

How you resolve?