This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
April 2, 2019 at 10:53 pm #3521013

evertO

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Translating the menu

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes yours

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Missing links on menu1.png

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Due to the lack of the required links (menu1.png) as in menu2.png I cannot translate the menu. This occurs on the aforementioned hidden link but also on the live website hidden link and hidden link. Can you advise me how I solve this?

April 3, 2019 at 7:07 am #3522997

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

If you deactivate all non-related WPML plugins, switch theme to TwentySixteen, does the issue still persist or not?

NOTE:
+ Please backup your site completely before doing this test.

Also, please enable the WordPress debug log. This will allow us to see if any PHP errors are being produced. More Info: https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Edit wp-config.php and insert the following lines:

/*enable debugging*/
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

Repeat the action of creating the issue.

Locate the debug log in: /wp-content/debug.log using FTP, then edit/view the content of the file. It would be great if you can share with me the debug.log content using pastebin.com

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 3, 2019 at 8:56 am #3523751

evertO

I have discovered that the Automotive Listings plugin part of the Automotive Version template: 10.6 is the cause of the problem of the menu. When I deactivate this plugin I can translate the menu again. Apparently this is the problem. As requested, I have added debug.log via pastebin: https://pastebin.com/uPUpuCiR
I hope you can discover exactly where the problem is.

April 3, 2019 at 10:11 am #3524403

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems to be a compatibility issue with your theme/plugin. Your theme is currently not listed as among WPML compatible themes.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible it just means that our compatibility team hasn't tested it yet.

To confirm this, we have to reproduce the issue on a clean install and escalate the issue to our compatibility team. For this reason, I have created a test site for you. You can now access it using the link below.

hidden link

Could you please upload your theme, if possible try to replicate the issue. You do not have to recreate or migrate your entire site, just install the minimum necessary to reproduce the problem.

Please let me know once done so I can go and check. If you have any questions please let us know.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 3, 2019 at 11:18 am #3525365

evertO

Installed the theme and the required plugins from the template. Here too the problem arises when activating the Automotive Listings plugin. Now you can test it yourself. hope you can solve it because until now it has always been good.

April 3, 2019 at 11:23 am #3525431

evertO

As stated in template information:hidden link
is the template:100% WPML Multilingual Plugin Ready – fully tested and certified by WPML
for information

April 4, 2019 at 3:00 am #3531659

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply

I have escalated this issue to our compatibility team for further investigation. I will get back to you when I have a feedback from our compatibility team.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 5, 2019 at 6:30 am #3540901

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

To fix the issue, could you please edit the file wp-content/plugins/automotive/status-report.php

and change line 8 to:

add_action( 'admin_header', array($this, 'status_js'), 11);

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 5, 2019 at 7:43 am #3541563

evertO

I have made the proposed change to status-report.php. And that was the solution as you can see in the attachment. How should that be communicated with the theme builder? I thank you for your commitment to resolve this.

April 5, 2019 at 10:08 am #3542863

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to hear that it worked.

Our compatibility team will try to contact the author of the plugin. Please note that this process may take a while as it depends on how soon the author will reply to our efforts to contact him.

It would be great if you can also try to contact the author about issue and ask them to reply to us. You could also refer them to our Go Global program so that we can help them make their product compatible with WPML. This may help expedite the process.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 10, 2019 at 1:58 am #3571379

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Our compatibility team found a better workaround.

If you can revert the changes previously provided, then edit the file 'wp-content/plugins/automotive/status-report.php line 496:'

Change the code inside the script tag with this code snippet:

jQuery(window).load( function(){
      var textBox   = document.getElementById("staus_text_debug");
      var selectAll = document.getElementById("select-all-debug");
      var copyAll   = document.getElementById("copy-all-debug");
      selectAll.onclick = function() {
          textBox.select();
      };
      copyAll.onclick = function() {
         textBox.select();
         document.execCommand("copy");
      }
  } );

Our compatibility team will contact the plugin author for a permanent fix.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 10, 2019 at 8:01 am #3573249

evertO

I have replaced this code from line 495 instead of 494. This solution also works well as far as I can tell. I also forwarded this to the creator of the template / plugin. Thanks

April 10, 2019 at 8:34 am #3573527

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to hear that it works at your end. We will notify you once the author has replied to us.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis