This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: when trying to migrate a site to 20i.com using their migration tool, WPML lose its configuration. So when you rerun the configuration, all the translated content is seen as being in the default language.

Solution: using another tool to migrate the site, for example, the free plugin Duplicator

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ian Sampson 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 10:52 am #2807697

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi Ian,

I'm delighted you managed to resolve the issue and that you are satisfied with our support.

If your hosting company is willing to make their tool compatible with WPML, we'd be happy to help them. They can apply to our Go-Global program here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/
Even if it says it's for plugin and themes only, we would still try to provide help for their tool.

I'd ask you to mark this topic as resolved, and if you have other issues, to open a new ticket. We try to have only one issue per ticket, so it's easier for others to search the forum. This also allows supporters to be faster and more efficient.
I hope you won't meet other issues, but if you do, don't hesitate to contact us.

October 11, 2018 at 10:54 am #2807714

Ian Sampson

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!