This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by benjaminM-26 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Author Posts
October 24, 2018 at 9:34 pm #2847910

benjaminM-26

I am trying to: Remove mixed content errors after applying an SSL

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: Secure URL and no mixed content errors.

Instead, I got: "Mixed Content: The page at 'hidden link' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure stylesheet 'hidden link'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS."

Things I've tried:
Cleared WPML cache. Cleared server object caching (we use WP Engine). Cleared "Autoptimze" plugin cache. Used Better Search and replace to query the whole database for hidden link to replace with hidden link. 0 results found, even when searching for GUID tables.

I've read a few support tickets which seem to suggest that there is a URL parameter stored in a serialized array in the DB that needs to be updated, which would make sense as to why I'm not seeing the results when doing a search-replace.

October 24, 2018 at 10:47 pm #2848006

benjaminM-26

I put the difficulty to solve the problem right in the middle. The actual fix was simple, but pouring through your support forums led me down quite the rabbit hole for almost 2 hours before finding the actual fix.

I've posted the following to several of the threads I had tried to go through. The solution was much simpler than what I was trying.

"Just want to bump this solution that worked for me October, 2018...

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/https-error-with-templateslanguage-switcherslegacy-list-horizontalstyle-css/#post-1272555

I found about 20 different examples of people reporting similar issues. I went down the rabbit hole of serialized arrays in the DB, and all sorts of rabbit holes. This needs to be marked as a solution and referenced on the rest of the support threads with this issue.

1) Check the home and site URLs to make sure they are set to https://
2) De-activate and re-activate the plugin

I had already done an extensive search and replace and cleared all caches on my particular instance. "