Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
On the front pages when I switch to the secondary language, some strings remain untranslated.

Solution:
The strings were coming from the WCFM plugin and the .po file from the plugin didn't include all the strings that need to be translated. The client fixed the issue with the following steps:
1. Scanning the plugin for strings in WPML > Theme and plugins localization
2. Translating the strings in WPML > String Translation
3. Copying the .mo files to the default site languages path "/languages/plugins"

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wesamA 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mohamed Sayed.

Author Posts
May 22, 2022 at 9:30 am #11273161

wesamA

in the front pages when I switch to the secondary language,it show strings with mixed translations [with more than one language]

May 22, 2022 at 8:23 pm #11274393

Mohamed Sayed

Hi Wesam,
Thanks for contacting WPML support.

Could you please try the workaround from the following errata page and let me know if it helps?
https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-some-strings-are-not-translating-properly/

Regards,
Mohamed

May 23, 2022 at 6:12 pm #11283627

wesamA

Hello, I tried this solution but it didn't help

May 24, 2022 at 9:03 am #11288191

Mohamed Sayed

Hi,

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) so I can investigate this issue further.
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –

Your next answer will be private, which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website before providing us with access details ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme and to change configurations on the site if needed. This is also a reason the backup is critical.

Regards,
Mohamed

May 25, 2022 at 6:20 am #11299659

wesamA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!
the issue resolved, the problem was a confilct between wcfm plugin .pot file and wpml .po file, wcfm .pot file don't have all strings that we need to translate for the plugin, wpml findout more strings, but to appear correctly on the front end , I copied .mo files to the default site languages path "/languages/plugins"

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.