Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
June 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm #2402993

dmitrijsH

I am trying to:Send an email with properly translated strings

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:www.ortoteka.lv

I expected to see:Properly translated emails

Instead, I got:Emails that are sent to clients come in mixed languages (partly translated, partly in the site default language). At the same time, everything is fine on the thank you page and the notification email to admin is sent in a customer's language (which is fine). Please have a look at the screenshots: site default language — Latvian, customer language — Russian, admin dashboard language — English.

customer-email.png
admin-notification-email.png
June 12, 2018 at 8:50 am #2407330

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Could you please double check if the strings appearing in the emails in mixed language are translated properly in wpml->string translations?

Further, We recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

June 18, 2018 at 9:32 pm #2420350

dmitrijsH

Hello Shekhar,

Following your advice, I updated the WPML to 4.0.3 but there are a lot of Error 500. I will return to the emails question once more important errors are resolved.

Thank you,

June 19, 2018 at 5:27 am #2420629

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Sure, please open a ticket if the 500 error is related to WPML and if you need our help on it. We are happy to help to get the issue fixed.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Mixed strings in order email sent to clients’ is closed to new replies.