This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 3:20 pm #3856579

danielF-60

When I book an event on the German website it writes the translated string in German in the buddypress activities. When I book an event on the French website it writes the translated string in French in the buddypress activities. Like this the user see mixed translations/languages on this page. How can I solve this problem?

May 21, 2019 at 11:30 pm #3859201

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

It seems to me that those strings are assigned to the wrong language on String Translation.

Please go to WPML -> String Translation and locate the strings. You might use the text search field or select the buddypress domain.

Verify if the language flag for each string is set correctly. If not mark the chekcboxes for those strings and scroll to the bottom of the box. Here select "change default language for selected strings".

I hope this solved the issue. Let me know fi you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 22, 2019 at 9:43 am #3863831

danielF-60

The translations i set correctly. The problem is, that when someone books the event on the french website it saves the french translation. On the other hand, when someone books the event on the german website it saves the german translation. When a user goes on the activity page it shows the saved translation instead of the translation from the selected website-language. How can this be fixed?
KR

May 22, 2019 at 7:50 pm #3868915

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

May 23, 2019 at 5:26 pm #3878265

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to locate the strings on String Translation after scanning the BuddyPress Plugin for new strings at WPML -> Theme and Plugin Localization.

You will be able to locate the strings by using the BuddyPress domain or by entering the literal string into the text search field on String Translation.

As example I locate the string for "are now friends" and translated it on String Translation. The strings do now show up correctly on both languages.

Anyhow, I can see that there are issues for at least one strings which is "booked an event" and it is not coming from BuddyPress but from the Plugin Modern Events Calender, the compatibility between this plugin, BuddyPress and WPML seems not to be given.

Could you please add the Modern Events Calender Plugin to the following test site in order to test it with WPML, String Translation and BuddyPress?

One Click Login: hidden link

Leave me a short notification once the plugin is installed.

For now please make sure to translate all the necessary strings and let me know which ones were causing issues. As far I can see it might only be the "booked an event" string from Modern Event Calenders which does not work as expected, but there might be more strings affected.

For more information please read here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/buddypress-multilingual/

Is it correct that you installed WordPress in English and then changed the default language to German? In this case you might need to change the default language for some strings on String Translation. You con find the option at the bottom of the box. Simply mark the checkbox for strings that are not assigned to the correct language and then select the appropriate language from the dropdown.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 24, 2019 at 9:57 am #3883097

danielF-60

I did install the plugin on the test installation.

May 26, 2019 at 3:34 am #3890889

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience, while I have been testing the plugin.

The issue has been recreated on a new installation and was now escalated to our compatiblity team who will investigate further in order to find a solution for the problem.

I will be in contact with you once I received an update.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 30, 2019 at 3:16 am #3919959

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

Our compatibility team sadly does not have the possibility to fix this issue on our end.

We have reached out to Modern Event Calender's Support and invited them to join our GoGlobal Program, in order for working together on making their plugin multilingual ready.

It may take a longer period of time until the compatibility issues are solved but in case we receive an answer from the Webnus Team you canexpect that the issues will be solved with future updates of each plugin.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 3, 2019 at 9:38 am #3940933

danielF-60

Hello Andreas

I've got an answer from them and they told me they joines the GoGlobal Program. Can you please tell me if this is true?

What do I tell my customer who is expecting a solution in the next few days?

Kind regards
Daniel

June 3, 2019 at 2:51 pm #3943709

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As far I can not find a new thread in regards to Webnus but I would advise you to reach out to them. We have contacted the author but did not receive any reply yet.

Maybe in the meantime you would consider to choose a different plugin? Please have alook at the following items:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/?wpv_view_count=119945&dev=0&wpv-plugin-functionality=0&wpv_post_search=event&wpv_filter_submit=Search

Kind regards
Andreas