Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
August 2, 2017 at 3:41 am #1332815

guidoL-5

Hello,

In theme localization I have selected "Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation and load .mo files as backup" but the .mo files are not being used or not working.

I have updated all of my translation files but the default pages of woocommerce (cart, my account) are not being translated. In another website I created the default woocommerce pages were auto translated using the .mo files.

Can you please look into this?

August 2, 2017 at 2:06 pm #1333307

Joanna

Hello @guidol-5,

First of all, make sure that all your plugins and the theme are up to date. If not, please update them. Remember to make a backup before updating.

Please also go to Dashboard->Updates and check if there are no language file updates waiting to be downloaded (see the screenshot). If the Translations section is missing from the Updates page it means that all your .mo files are up to date.

I also noticed that your WP Memory Limit is set to 64MB and the WPML's minimum requirement is to have it on 128MB. You can easily increase the memory allocated to PHP. You'll find more info about it at https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP.
In brief:
1. Log into your FTP.
2. Edit the wp-config.php file.
3. Add the following code:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

4. Save the file.

This will most likely not resolve your issue, but it may save you from a headache in the future when you will have possibly stumbled upon some unexpected issues.

All WPML minimum requirements are listed at https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.

If everything is up to date, the memory limit is increased to at least 128MB but the issue still occurs, I would like to ask you for credentials to your website and FTP. It will help me debug the issue and find the solution. You will find the fields for WordPress and FTP access below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be private.

The topic ‘[Closed] MO files not working’ is closed to new replies.